d90 – Cons?

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware d90 – Cons?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    meowsertd
    Participant

whats the difference bettween the d90 and the d90dx? It seems as if these are two different models and price lines

sleeping
    Participant

DX is how Nikon describes its small-sensor SLRs (including the d90) and lenses. It isn’t part of the model name, there’s only the one D90 model so far. You might be seeing price differences because of included lens kits or refurbs or something.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

The D50 still rides around in my bag, and gets secondary body duty, but the D90 and 35 f/1.8 are my primary body and lens now. And it may be too late, but that’s something else you should look into, canceling the 50mm and going with the 35. It’s about 50% more expensive that the 50, but will still auto focus on your D60, unlike the 50. And it really is capable of doing some nice portrait work. Not to mention you get the benefit of shooting at a normal focal length, as opposed to the 50’s 75mm equivalent.

Thanks for that. I honestly had never seen the 35mm af-s. So I did look into it as it was not too late to return the 50mm, but every online store that I found was sold out/back order. Ugh. I really prefer to buy new at this point, so I decided to stick with the 50mm. Plus I primarily shoot with my 55-200 at 55mm aperture priority f4, so I’m comfortable with that length. Shooting 1.8 instead of 4 opens up a lot of nice options too. Very very happy with the new lens. Still can’t wait to get it onto a d90 though!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘d90 – Cons?’ is closed to new replies.