Dixie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

My little brother’s first (ever) SLR shot — I told him dogs make good subjects, because they sit predictably. 🙂 Comments for him?

Her name is Dixie, btw.

veruca
    Participant

That’s a great ‘first ever’ shot. Love the expression on the puppy’s face. That looks lke the ‘are you coming out’ or ‘can I come in?’ face.

I think it’s well framed and interesting subject matter 🙂

idle_hands
    Participant

lovely catchlight in dixie’s eye
    i like the strong verticals/diagonals

logomancer
    Participant

Very cool shot and it might be a good way to introduce him into darkroom burning – well, if it were b/w and all. But still, it’s a good opportunity to teach him about working on the contrast (via exposure) betwixt dog and flooring.

How old is your brother?

admin
    Keymaster

Very cool shot and it might be a good way to introduce him into darkroom burning – well, if it were b/w and all. But still, it’s a good opportunity to teach him about working on the contrast (via exposure) betwixt dog and flooring.

How old is your brother?

College freshman. He got a Nikon N75 for Christmas and I started him out on some nice C41 black and white films that he can develop at a minilab and still get pictures that will make him feel a little bit more confident about his first pictures.

He’s in Austin, so he has a number of resources for darkroom printing available to him — while I wouldn’t expect him to get started on that right now, I’m happy he has that around for when he does.

Klahanie
    Participant

I really like this photo. I’ve looked at it 3 or 4 times and it reminds me of something, but I can’t put my finger on it. It’ll come to me eventually…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Dixie’ is closed to new replies.