Entering Photo Contest

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks Entering Photo Contest

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lilbpaw
    Participant

I am confused and lost. I am new to this sight, but was directed here by a friend because of the photo contest. I have been trying to figure out how to enter my picture, but I keep going in circles.
    I am sure it is something simply stupid I am doing wrong, but can I please get assistance?
    I can see the pictures that people have posted and it gives me the option to vote, but for the life in my I can not figure out how to enter my own photo.
    I tried signing up for all the different sections, farktography, totalfark.. etc.. and it says i am logged in and authenticated on everything except totalfark. the username and password won’t let me in from the email they sent.

Please help!

lilbpaw

Curious
    Participant

farktography dot net is a separate site from fark dot com. the contests run on Fark on wednesday night starting at 8:00 EST. to enter at that time you must have a TotalFark account.

TotalFark is a premium section of Fark and requires a paid account. the subscription runs $5.00 a month and there is info here http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/totalfarksignup.pl

after the contest has been on TotalFark for a few hours it goes to the main page of Fark where everyone can see it. at that time, if you have a Fark account (either regular Fark, the free account, or TotalFark) then you can vote and /or post an entry of your own. while the contest time is consistent on TotalFark it will vary on Fark but usually is around midnight.

to post an entry you need to have the image hosted somewhere on the web. the image should be around 50-70kb and not bigger than 700 pixel wide and 1200 tall. images larger than 200kb will be rejected and wider than 700 pixels will be resized.

ok so far? now go to the bottom of the contest and find the comment box. enter your user name and password. in the comments box enter and enable voting. click “preview” or “add comment”. personally i preview then post. if all goes well your entry is there for us to vote on.

BTW Fark has this really neat feature – the scratch pad where you can test your posting. http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=69

hope this helps.

veruca
    Participant

Moved to Tips and Tricks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Entering Photo Contest’ is closed to new replies.