Farktography Party – Where

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage Farktography Party – Where

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So, I’ve kinda dropped the ball on running with this idea in the last few months, so I’m making these two polls to get ideas flowing again. I’m pulling most suggestions from the previous thread.

millera9
    Participant

I was really tempted to vote for one of the “across the pond” options, but realistically Chicago seems to be the best choice as far as getting the most people there and then having something to do.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I’m of the same mindset. Though, I’m more of an it doesn’t matter to me…. So I’m leaning towards ease/cost of travel for the masses.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Indy or Chicago would be great for me. Detroit too, but not that anyone else wants to go there. Could also possibly do DC.

linguine
    Participant

I voted for Chicago(its cheap to fly from Baltimore to Chicago), but I’d be perfectly happy to go some place else. My next choices would’ve been(in no particular order) St Louis, New Orleans, Seattle, or Denver/somewhere in the rockies(not on the list)

nobigdeal
    Participant

What about Providence? Nobody mentioned Providence? Y’all can crash in my spare room downstairs… I’m sure my wife won’t mind!

linguine
    Participant

What about Providence? Nobody mentioned Providence? Y’all can crash in my spare room downstairs… I’m sure my wife won’t mind!

I’ll change my vote if you throw in free beer. Providence is the Annapolis of the New England with lots of boats right?

staplermofo
    Participant

I voted for Chicago. It’s cheap to fly from Chicago to Chicago.

thepostess
    Participant

I voted for Seattle, but only because it would be a great place to go. Realistically, somewhere midwest is best.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Faaaark… which is worse: Being wrong about the gender of other Farktographers, or realizing that you never knew which ones were married to other ones. Grrr. We need to have this party before I embarrass myself. For my sake, if nothing else. Please!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner! I voted for Indy or St. Louis since they’d be cheaper than Chicago yet still very centrally located.

Faaaark… which is worse: Being wrong about the gender of other Farktographers, or realizing that you never knew which ones were married to other ones. Grrr. We need to have this party before I embarrass myself. For my sake, if nothing else. Please!

I think the gender thing is more embarrassing than not knowing who’s married to whom or who’s somebody’s mom or dad, especially when those other relationships aren’t well advertised 😉 For that matter, for gender-nonspecific names, I think it’s pretty forgivable not knowing the person’s gender 😉

orionid
    Participant

When I get back to the mainland, I’ll set up another vote between the top couple choice and times from this round.

And, bucky_bacon, don’t feel bad. At least you’ve never been on the wrong end of the gender/relationship confusion with your own significant other. I finally put two and two together when pangolyn posted a photo from my parents’ farm.

orionid
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner! I voted for Indy or St. Louis since they’d be cheaper than Chicago yet still very centrally located.

Plus, if you drive through Kentucky, you can get Four Roses. They really need to start shipping that stuff nationwide so I can stop bugging my coworker from Louisville to pick some up whenever he heads home.

/edited to correct bbcode mess-up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Farktography Party – Where’ is closed to new replies.