Filters ….. Clueless

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Filters ….. Clueless

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Slowpoke
    Participant

Are these filters any good…. to be honest all I’m doing is taking normal everyday pictures inside/outdoors. I have a buddy that said these were good so I got’em for all my lens. Any cons of having these on my stuff?

monkeybort
    Participant

i don’t know if those particular filters are any good, but it’s a good idea to shoot with a daylight/uv filter on your lens all the time. if nothing else, it acts as protection for your lens – instead of breaking a $1000 (or whatever) lens, that flying piece of gravel will crack a $30 filter.

sleeping
    Participant

Any cons of having these on my stuff?

If you leave one on your lens most of the time, it’s a good idea to take it off if you’re shooting into a bright light source – most of the time any negative effect from a UV filter will be negligible, but they can increas flare.

Born Slippy
    Participant

Always been a big fan of Hoya filters…better than Tiffen, but don’t break you like B+W. Sometimes, when shooting into a point light source, you’ll get a ghost reflection off the light bouncing off the front element and back up to the filter. Since the filters are multi-coated, that should alleviate some of it.

That said, I don’t put any “protection” filters on my cheap lenses or macro lenses. They don’t need one more piece of glass to overcome.

IrishOshen
    Participant

Ultimately they save on wear and tear…totally worth it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filters ….. Clueless’ is closed to new replies.