finepix 6500 HELP

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware finepix 6500 HELP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

Mrs. Uranus is off to Australia for a vacation, and as i wanted to take the redoubtable D40 to a formula 1 race in Belgium, we though a smaller, easy to carry easy to use camera would be nice for her. Settled on the FinePix, and lo! all the shots have a godawful “old TV” look to them.

here’s an example:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/discover_uranus/1171690465/in/set-72157600288675517/

I have tried all shooting modes, settings, you name it – still more stripes than a herd of zebras…

idiot user, or do we belt the camera shop guy over the head with the equipment and demand our money back?

apologies in advance if this is not quite the right place for this question..

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Eep, that looks like a problem with the anti-aliasing filter, which is supposed to control moire if I’m not mistaken. Definitely looks defective. Hope you guys can get a replacement before the Mrs. heads to vacation!

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, I’d take that back lickety-split!

Curious
    Participant

well my preview worked but then i forgot to click submit so here’s a recap.

have three fuji point and shoot and they are good cameras. online reviews say that is a good camera also.

ergo you got a bad one. replace it.

Uranus
    Participant

cool…thanks, guys.

back to place of origin it goes then.

XenPix
    Participant

Ooo. I’m going to Spa for the GP. Where abouts will you be seated?

Uranus
    Participant

the cheap seats, I’m afraid……i struggle to recall if it’s general admission, or silver 4. My mate from Malawi got them for me.

Drop me a mail , and I’ll give you my mobile number if you want to hook up.
    the more the merrier 😀

Uranus
    Participant

oh, and for all those who helped out : thanks again! the replacement fuji works just dandy ! The Mrs. is pleased, but now Uranus jnr has decided that he wants something cool,too.

Any suggestions for something decent that’s active-13-yr-old-boy-proof?

Curious
    Participant

glad to hear you got it swapped and it works well for you now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘finepix 6500 HELP’ is closed to new replies.