Fleamarket Score

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Fleamarket Score

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So, I went to a hamfest (electroninc-type freak and geek amatuer radio flea market), armed with a couple hundred bucks cash and in search of a new 2M rig for my truck. Didn’t find one. I did find some other neat toys, though.

For the unapproachably high cost of $10, I picked up this little guy:

So far everything seems to work great. The glass (28-80mm f/3.5 kit lens) is spotless, and the motors in the cam work smooth and quiet. I tossed on my 24mm f/2.8, threw in a roll of Fuji 400 Superia and went on a walkabout around my parents farm, playing with different shots. I’m taking the roll to get developed tomorrow to see how it turns out.

Then, for the even higher price of $2, there was this guy looking all alone and in need of a good home.

It’s a Polaroid 800 land-cam that uses roll type instant film. If anybody knows where I can score some of that (if possible), that would be most excellent. Or perhaps a conversion kit to 3.5×4.5 cartridge as Elsinore suggested to me on her Flickr page.

Oh, and check out the coup de grace on the landcam:

Something tells me that roll of film is probably no good anymore. Just a hunch.

More photos of the goodies here

There was also a fellow selling an F90 and the MF-26 digital control back (new in box) for $175 for the pair. When I couldn’t find a radio that I liked, I went back to offer $150 for the pair (knowing that the same equip, used at B&H would be about $250), and expecting to pay the asked $175, I found that guy had gotten fed up with the rain, packed up and left. Oh, well. I’m still more than happy with the $12 I did spend.

sleeping
    Participant

They stopped making polaroid roll film back in the 80s. You can sometimes find rolls on ebay, etc, but the chances of getting a usable image off them at this point are less than good.

They can be converted to take other kinds of film (4×5, 120, instant packfilm), but I don’t think anyone is producing a kit. There are a bunch of instruction sets out on the web though, eg:

http://www.foundphotography.com/PhotoThoughts/archives/2005/09/polaroid_95a_12.html

http://option8.110mb.com/polaroid/rollfilm.html

converting them to 120 is a good deal less work than packfilm, I believe.

orionid
    Participant

That 120 conversion with the lego pieces made for an interesting read. I’ll have to do some more research when I get back from my trip. It would definate;y be something fun to play around with for nostalgia sake, and probably get me a few entertaining looks in the right settings.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It would definate;y be something fun to play around with for nostalgia sake, and probably get me a few entertaining looks in the right settings.

I know something about that myself:
    365 Days, Day 166

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fleamarket Score’ is closed to new replies.