free darkroom stuff

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware free darkroom stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

well i dragged it all out of the attic. there is more than i thought

since i’m not going to set up a darkroom i don’t need any of this stuff. it is all used or not in the original box. some is in great shape, some not so much.

i don’t want any money for any of it. i do want whomever gets it to use it, please. i will box it and ship it UPS or FedX from work but do want to be reimbursed for shipping.

there are two folks here i know that might want all or pieces of what’s available. if anyone wanting it will post that they want to be in the pool then after a couple of days when anyone interested has said so those interested can PM or email each other and work out who gets what. frankly all i want is a PM from you all once you have decided. i DON’T want to be the middle man in that. i don’t know who has what nor who needs what and keeping track of it here would be cumbersome.

so who wants it?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I don’t want/need any of it, just wanted to say how cool I think it is that you’re giving it all away, Curious!

Curious
    Participant

this community has given me a lot over the years and i have a chance to give a bit back. to me it’s not much different that you sharing advice with someone here. besides it helps me get some clutter out of the attic. you know, one persons trash, another’s treasure 🙂

in my life time so many have helped me without thought of reward and i try to do the same to others.

ravnostic
    Participant

in my life time so many have helped me without thought of reward and i try to do the same to others.

Indeed. Pay it forward. Well done.

I’d love to have it all, if only I didn’t live in a 350 sq. foot apt…

ennuipoet
    Participant

Sure, the week after I finish buying all the (developing) stuff you give it away! 😀

If I did not live in an NYC apartment I would take it off your hands, but I am pretty sure my landlord would not appreciate me ripping out walls and installing a darkroom. Not to mention my roommates.

Curious
    Participant

Sure, the week after I finish buying all the (developing) stuff you give it away! 😀

i wasn’t sure from the list you had if that was all you needed for developing film. also if you haven’t looked at the photos there is a bulk film loader and some cassettes. maybe 10 of them. i found 7 empty bulk film cans so i must have been into it at one time. it is a money saver.

ennuipoet
    Participant

i wasn’t sure from the list you had if that was all you needed for developing film. also if you haven’t looked at the photos there is a bulk film loader and some cassettes. maybe 10 of them. i found 7 empty bulk film cans so i must have been into it at one time. it is a money saver.

I bought a bulk loader on Ebay for one dollar last week, it was the last thing I purchased (other than a brick of Ilford B&W for a song). I am going with new cassettes, just because they wear out and are cheap to replace.

Curious
    Participant

I bought a bulk loader on Ebay for one dollar last week, it was the last thing I purchased (other than a brick of Ilford B&W for a song). I am going with new cassettes, just because they wear out and are cheap to replace.

so you’re saying that i might have to pay someone to take this stuff?

i had hoped there would be more interest but at this rate i may resort to … well i don’t know yet. it sure isn’t going back into the attic.

ennuipoet
    Participant

i had hoped there would be more interest but at this rate i may resort to … well i don’t know yet. it sure isn’t going back into the attic.

I would list it Craigslist* as free to anyone willing to come get it, or try to make a few bucks selling it on ebay.

*assuming you are in a locating where Craigslist serves, failing that I would check with the local community college to see if they have a Photo class and pass it along to the Prof to pass along to the students.

orionid
    Participant

There is alot of good stuff there, but short of an actual darkroom sink (which I don’t have the room for), I’m already pretty well stocked.

I have a casual farktography friend that may be interested, I’ll let her know since she rarely reads the forums.

Curious
    Participant

well heck. craigslist new orleans doesn’t have a camera or photography section. but i might use the “free” section. a quick glance in there had nothing like this stuff. i don’t actually live in new orleans but there are listings from the northshore which would include me. there is also a listing service a friend used once for free stuff. i’ll try and find out how to do that. there are also photo interest groups around here i might contact. and there is at least one photo club in town.

orionid i had hoped you or ennuipoet could use some or all of it but please contact your friend. i’ll hold off for a few days until you do. and don’t ask why but i DO have both a deep sink and a SS double kitchen sink with faucets. yes loose and/or extra.

soosh
    Participant

nothing there that I need, but it sure is cool. I’d post a thread on photo.net if I were you and see if anybody is interested.

Curious
    Participant

thanks for the info. from a quick look it seems like a good place to join even if i don’t get rid of the equipment.

Curious
    Participant

nothing there that I need, but it sure is cool. I’d post a thread on photo.net if I were you and see if anybody is interested.

finally got around to doing that. we shall see what it brings.

Curious
    Participant

thanks for the tip soosh. had to piece the stuff out a little but by the time i get done shipping thursday all the equipment will be on it’s way to a new home.

good for me and i hope good for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘free darkroom stuff’ is closed to new replies.