Free Flickr?

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Free Flickr?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RcMacStudent
    Participant

I’m new to Flickr and I was wondering if somebody can clarify the restrictions of free Flickr for me. As I read the limitations they talk about a 100MB/month uploading restriction and then they talk about a bandwidth restriction. I suppose it’s really two questions.

1) Is the bandwidth restriction just the 100MB/month that you’re allowed to upload, or do they also have a downstream bandwidth counter?

2) Has anyone had their (free) Flickr page get Farked because of a contest?

linguine
    Participant

The free version of flickr worked fine for me with fark before I upgraded. The only differences Ive noticed is the unlimited uploads, larger size pictures I can upload, having more sets and being able to form collections.

schnee
    Participant

I’m still on Free Flickr. I don’t know what the bandwidth limit is – they mention unlimited for Pro, but don’t mention bandwidth for Free. I’m guessing it is the 100MB/Month (5MB/Photo) limit.

The only time when Flickr is bad for me is when it is bad for everyone – they have a service outage or something.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

In that case I’ll definitely consider consider using Flickr as my primary image host.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Free Flickr?’ is closed to new replies.