Gallery of the unholy unions: Canon with vintage Nikon lens

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Gallery of the unholy unions: Canon with vintage Nikon lens

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Canon with Nikon @ Picasa

A few selections:

135mm f2.8 SOOC

135mm f2.8 (minor Lightroom color balance / curves)

300mm f4.5 (minor Lightroom for color balance / curves)

I’d have more keepers, but the Nikon glass likes to play tricks on the light meter on the XSi, I generally have to under expose according to the meter to prevent things from getting over blown in bright outdoor sun. Also have a tendency to front-focus shots, not sure if it’s me, the glass, the body, or some combination that’s the culprit. I tried putting the Vivitar Doubler on the 300mm, but in direct sun that combination was not wanting to play very nicely. I’ll try to remember my tripod on the way to work tomorrow and take some shots from the 19th floor.

Barracuda
    Participant

Moon on April 6th @ 9:46pm. Was fairly large to the naked eye being still quite low on the horizon, hazy conditions so clarity isn’t great, but paired with the 300mm Nikon w/ doubler made for a nice full frame of the moon.

635 @ DNT, Dallas, from my office window.

ravnostic
    Participant

This bastard pairing actually produced some good art–but it’s all damned work. Someone, somewhere, is hurling a hex upon you…

//not me, of course; I don’t care one way or another. But just watch carefully when you cross the street.

emiliogtz
    Participant

That 135mm Nikkor is a very fine lens, built like a tank, a breeze to focus, great aperture ring feeling.

It has great, warm colors, as can be seen from your awesome images.

Barracuda
    Participant

Fairly sure this was the 135, don’t think I could have backed up far enough for the 300mm while still being inside my office.

This one I did make note that it was the 300mm when I uploaded it.

— who takes a picture of a fence from across his drive way with a 300mm lens, this guy. lol

Barracuda
    Participant

A few shots from this year’s ‘Bike the Bricks’ criterium in McKinney, Tx that were taken with the 135mm f2.8. As the sun was getting lower and I was shooting on a shaded part of the course I needed the larger aperture than my 55-250 would provide me to keep the shutter speeds high and the ISO at 400.

1/2500 sec:

1/1600 sec:

Barracuda
    Participant

So “thanks” to a comment Rav made over on G+ and a slight bit of boredom at home this afternoon while the wife is out and about, I decided to drive back over to the local park in hopes of getting a few ultra-closeups of the waterfowl and other birds for next week’s contest. The Nikon 300mm with doubler attached got latched onto my XSi. The sun was at high noon, and pretty much every living thing aside myself thought it wise to be in the shade, but I did manage to get a few good shots. White balance was a struggle, probably partially the lens, but also the shade/sun difference between subjects and background. Most of these have had some mild crop, but not much.

This one I like solely for the expression.

ravnostic
    Participant

Squirrel!!

I like #1 for the raptor teeth, also, and #5 for the expression.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Gallery of the unholy unions: Canon with vintage Nikon lens’ is closed to new replies.