Greetings from Idaho…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Greetings from Idaho…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Malad Gorge to be precise… Craters of the Moon tomorrow.

SilverStag
    Participant

Nice!

linguine
    Participant

Nice, even if there arent any potatoes.

Farktographer
    Participant

HDR? Awesome shot.

ravnostic
    Participant

Wow. Very nice. As Farktographer asked, HDR? Given the overcast, is it possible it’s not?

orionid
    Participant

Woah.

chupathingie
    Participant

Thanks folks 🙂

And yes, 3 shots composited in qtpfsgui. There’s just no way to get the gorge exposed without blowing out the sky unless you break out the bag of HDR tricks.

orionid
    Participant

Thanks folks 🙂

And yes, 3 shots composited in qtpfsgui. There’s just no way to get the gorge exposed without blowing out the sky unless you break out the bag of HDR tricks.

And this is where I break out the dremel and start working on an 8-stop GND filter….. 😀

chupathingie
    Participant

I really wish autobracketing went farther than 2 stops either way, and allowed a mode to adjust via ISO. I wonder if the hackers have an updated firmware yet for the 5DII…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Thanks folks 🙂

And this is where I break out the dremel and start working on an 8-stop GND filter….. 😀

I would pay money for that. I’ve tried stacking GND filters before, but that’s just a nightmare to get them to line up correctly.

chupathingie
    Participant

So rather than Craters of the moon we decided to take a hike over the ridge at a place called Gibson Jack. We never managed to get to the other side of the range. This gal considered us trespassers and ran us off. I swear this area is lousy with moose. We saw 3 others, and all I wanted to take time with on this one was a quick shot with the P&S. We didn’t even see this one til we were 30 feet away, she had her ears laid back and was walking right towards us…time to go.

Kestrana
    Participant

Moose!

orionid
    Participant

Moose!

Hush, you!

I would pay money for that. I’ve tried stacking GND filters before, but that’s just a nightmare to get them to line up correctly.

Have you tried lining up cokin-style GNDs? I don’t imagine that’d be too difficult.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’ve always wanted to get into the corkin system. Maybe I’ll be able to start when I get a new camera this summer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Greetings from Idaho…’ is closed to new replies.