Guess I won’t be shooting here for a while.

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Guess I won’t be shooting here for a while.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

This links to an article/pictures of the dam failure at Tempe Town Lake near me and Caradoc. I shoot below this dam all the time. Glad I wasn’t there last night…

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2010/07/21/20100721tempe-town-lake-dam-break-brk21-ON.html

Here’s a pic I shot on the Metro when preparing for ‘Passenger Side’. The ‘end of the lake’ was supported by rubber inflated tubes, basically. Too bad. Pretty lake for a desert. Video shows it best. About 3/4 of the billion gallons of water flowed away. No one was hurt, fortunately.

orionid
    Participant

I’ll be dammed. Was this a God-dam?

ravnostic
    Participant

No, it was made by the diety ‘Bridgestone’.

Actually, it was pretty cool having a lake nearby, even if you couldn’t swim in it. Shoulda known that a rubber dam wouldn’t last in the Arizona sun. On the bright side, I now have something to shoot for “That’s just filthy” (I mean, besides the caterpillar taking a poop, that is).

swampa
    Participant

I told you playing with those explosives there wasn’t a good idea! 😛

to any law enforcement types reading – it is a joke!

ravnostic
    Participant

Given that they were going to start replacing the ‘balloons’ TODAY (and at great costs), and yet last night at 10pm it bursts, so now the INSURANCE company will have to cover most of the costs…I wouldn’t be too quick to eliminate the conspiracy theories.

caradoc
    Participant

Many of us were saying “You’re gonna WHAT?!?” when we heard they were planning on making a giant rubber dam in the middle of the desert to make what they call a “lake” but is really a concrete-lined “Town Canal.”

The whole thing is simply redonkulous.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Guess I won’t be shooting here for a while.’ is closed to new replies.