Halloween

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Zero_Exponent
    Participant
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Some nice shots there, Zero, especially of the lights which are hard to get right.

Looks like you have a pretty Halloween-friendly neighborhood. The neighborhood we lived in in Raleigh when the kids were growing up was like that. The whole neighborhood did a Halloween-themed scavenger hunt for the kids every year.

Now, my youngest is 14, so right at the “shouldn’t be trick-or-treating but did anyway for the last time” age and there aren’t a lot of kids in my neighborhood. We had exactly two doorbell rings last night for a total of 6 kids. 🙁

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

To contribute content, here are some pix from years past:

Pumpkins & kids from 2003 (back when all the kids were still home):

Hobo from 2007 & Minnie Mouse from 2008:

Jack Skellington & Edie Sedgwick from 2009:

In case you’re wondering, Edie Sedgwick is from the movie Factory Girl. Evidently, she dated Bob Dyan and my daughter’s a big Dylan fan and had just seen the movie. And no, that’s not a real cigarette. 🙂

ennuipoet
    Participant

This dude was WAY to into Halloween.

ravnostic
    Participant

This year I went a little overboard and did Sue Sylvester from ‘Glee’. Bleached my hair and everything (and the bleaching thing wasn’t easy–apparently I have a lot of red in my hair that just wouldn’t come out–but such is life.) All I have is a crappy cell phone picture, though; tried to have a neighbor take some and she turns out to be incapable of photography–even on auto. Sheesh.

Anywho, it’s my first time (and probably last) in drag.

zincprincess
    Participant

Our pumpkins this year.

If anyone has tips on getting 12 kids to look at the camera, I’m listening. I’ll work on eyes open and smiling later.

The allure of candy was temporarily overshadowed by the desire to jump in the neighbor’s leaf pile.

zincprincess
    Participant

Forgot to post the darling witch.

LeicaLens
    Participant

ravnostic[/]
    I don’t know if it’s the angle, but you look a bit like a younger Hugh Laurie in that picture, even though the hair colour is wrong.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

ravnostic
    Participant

ravnostic
    I don’t know if it’s the angle, but you look a bit like a younger Hugh Laurie in that picture, even though the hair colour is wrong.

Maybe I’ll try that next year. God knows the hair color won’t be as difficult to get~ 😥

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Thanks, CauseISaidSo! There was quite a lot of decorations around the hood, lucky for me. The scavenger hunt sounds cool, I’ve never actually done one myself.

I’m diggin everybody’s pics. That is one ginormous leaf pile, zincprincess! I tried to get a shot of kids jumping on one for “Autumn” without any luck 🙁

ravnostic, nice costume, but be nice about your neighbour now. You may need her help if “The Inept Farktographer” theme gets done again.

zincprincess
    Participant

Our neighborhood is full of big old trees that drop tons of leaves in the fall. It was funny how the kids were just drawn to it like a magnet. I haven’t got my kid in leaf pile picture yet but it’s coming. Need to rake the damn leaves first.

bucky bacon – that’s one cute ladybug!

Kestrana
    Participant

orionid’s pumpkin is on the left, a friend’s in the middle and mine on the right.

House before dark fell and strobe lights went on.

[/img]

orionid
    Participant

Late to the party, but here goes:

Cheshire Cat Jack-o-Lantern

The house under strobe

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Late to the party, but here goes …

Strobalicious. BTW this:

Three-Letter Agency Second Flight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSXjBT_-UTg

is teh awesome. I kin haz explanashun of how you did it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Halloween’ is closed to new replies.