HDR

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

In your opinion should HDR photographs be allowed as regular farktography entries?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting this poll, veruca! For me, the answer’s already in the rules:

Unacceptable Modifications:

No use of Layers Blending.

veruca
    Participant

Thanks for posting this poll, veruca! For me, the answer’s already in the rules:

Unacceptable Modifications:

No use of Layers Blending.

Absolutely, but this issue seems to keep rising to the surface so I wanted to get input from everyone. If the ayes outnumber the nays then we’d have to look at HDR itself more closely.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh, I agree! Just pointing out the rules as already layed down seem to suggest this isn’t allowed, so if people want to allow it, some rules revision would be in order…

swampa
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be possible to have a HDR contest instead ever so often? That way everyone is on an even playing field in that too.

veruca
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be possible to have a HDR contest instead ever so often? That way everyone is on an even playing field in that too.

absolutely! we can have it as a theme, and as a matter of fact i’m thinking of pushing ‘autumn’ back a couple of weeks because i didn’t consider indian summer or that not everyone’s fall hits at the same time. we could totally do an HDR theme to fill in the gap.

the issue up for voting is whether or not HDR images should be allowed in every contest…

swampa
    Participant

absolutely! we can have it as a theme, and as a matter of fact i’m thinking of pushing ‘autumn’ back a couple of weeks because i didn’t consider indian summer or that not everyone’s fall hits at the same time. we could totally do an HDR theme to fill in the gap.

the issue up for voting is whether or not HDR images should be allowed in every contest…

Yay!! I was in trouble for the Autumn contest as I’m on the wrong side of the planet 😛

I voted no, like most others it seems, as I feel the HDR images look a lot better than the same photograph taken without HDR (at least in the examples I have seen from chakalakasp and others) and therefore creating an unfair advantage.

zeke
    Participant

IMHO, HDR requires the use of image editing to blend layers of the same image to make a really cool looking image. While that’s spiffy and all, doesnt that fit better in the realm for the Photoshop contest more than it does here? I thought this group was for who could take the best picture, not who was better at doctoring the photos with Photoshop or Gimp….

staplermofo
    Participant

Speaking of which, it’s a shame that photoshop farktography idea fizzled out.

I’d really like to see photoshoppers take someone’s 3 photos and combine them. It just strikes me as neat. I guess I’m just a sucker for the possibility of 300 staplers photoshopped together.

schnee
    Participant

Speaking of which, it’s a shame that photoshop farktography idea fizzled out.

I’d really like to see photoshoppers take someone’s 3 photos and combine them. It just strikes me as neat. I guess I’m just a sucker for the possibility of 300 staplers photoshopped together.

Perhaps it is time for a resurgence. I think the Band Literal could work as a pseudo-crossover, and a “Collage” could also work.

staplermofo
    Participant

Up with schnee, down with ______ !

swampa
    Participant

Gravity? 😛

sleeping
    Participant

Gravity? 😛

The floor?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘HDR’ is closed to new replies.