HDR processing software recommendation?

Forums Forums Get Technical Software HDR processing software recommendation?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve used Photomatix (trial version) with good results. Is there any other software out there that I should try?

(No, Pshop CS2 is not an option).

Klahanie
    Participant

That’s all I’ve been using and I’m having fun with it. It seems to be the method of choice for a lot of people on Flickr too.

ubernerd42
    Participant

Sounds like you’re using Windows, so this might not apply unless you want to muck about with Cygwin and such, but I use the pfstools/pfscalibration toolchain for my HDR work. Some of the results are quite impressive, but you do have to do a lot of playing around to get things to look right.

scingram
    Participant

Photomatix is really the way to go here. Great software, easy to use and produces fantastic results.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m with ubernerd42 using pfstools/qpfstmo for tone mapping, though I’m also using Linux. The nice thing about pfstools, though, is that it has 7 different tone mapping options, though 3 or 4 of them seem to give the best results. Like he said, though, you need to do lots of experimenting with it.

Diggin
    Participant

I use PS CS2 9 and don’t have a problem with it. Why is it not an option?

I use PS CS2 9 and don’t have a problem with it. Why is it not an option?

Because it costs too much and I don’t like their security measures.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘HDR processing software recommendation?’ is closed to new replies.