High quality photo printing service

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk High quality photo printing service

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    landseer18
    Participant

I’ve had great luck with two dye sub printers – an Olympus P-440 that makes glorious 8x10s and a cheapo HiTi that makes passable 4x6s. The dye sub process makes continuous tone images more silver like than injet like. Never had a customer complaint.

Klahanie
    Participant

I’ve had great luck with two dye sub printers – an Olympus P-440 that makes glorious 8x10s and a cheapo HiTi that makes passable 4x6s. The dye sub process makes continuous tone images more silver like than injet like. Never had a customer complaint.

Wow landseer18, that printer kicks all kinds of ass for a pretty reasonable price. Thanks for the info. Any suggestions for a good paper to use?

landseer18
    Participant

Wow landseer18, that printer kicks all kinds of ass for a pretty reasonable price. Thanks for the info. Any suggestions for a good paper to use?

Actually there isn’t much choice. Paper for each printer is made just for that printer – HiTi comes in a kit with printer and ribbon, Olympus is separate but a non-standard size so that it feeds properly. Do have to trim those but not a big issue.

Klahanie
    Participant

Actually there isn’t much choice. Paper for each printer is made just for that printer – HiTi comes in a kit with printer and ribbon, Olympus is separate but a non-standard size so that it feeds properly. Do have to trim those but not a big issue.

Ah, okay. So where I saw a price of about 40 dollars for the ribbon, that would include the paper?

landseer18
    Participant

Ah, okay. So where I saw a price of about 40 dollars for the ribbon, that would include the paper?

The HiTi disposables consist of a ribbon with 2 packs of paper for a total of 50 prints. The paper is micro perforated on the short ends so that you are left with a borderless 4×6. They also make a 5×7 printer, but I haven’t tried it.

The olympus ribbon and paper are sold separately.

Klahanie
    Participant

Thanks landseer18, I appreciate it. 🙂

stupido
    Participant

What are the options for Dye-Sub printers on B&W?

landseer18
    Participant

Neither my Olympus nor HiTi has any options for ribbons. B&W is done by composite color – haven’t done enough of it to have an opinion.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘High quality photo printing service’ is closed to new replies.