Skip to toolbar

Holy S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Holy S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10083101canonlargestsensor.asp

I guess starlight is too bright for this thing. It gotta be about ISO 56,000 or better. Hand-held view cameras, anyone?

Kestrana
    Participant

yikes!

ravnostic
    Participant

That’s most excellent. Suck it, Nikon.

SilverStag
    Participant

I agree that it’s most excellent, but was that last dig really necessary?

lokisbong
    Participant

8 inches of sensor holy $#!++++ is right.
    whats it gonna be used for? Other than “the video recording of stars in the night sky and nocturnal animal behavior”

SilverStag
    Participant

I want one to graft into my old 8×10 field camera body. That would be the impetus to get a lens for it, for sure!

sleeping
    Participant

8 inches of sensor holy $#!++++ is right.
    whats it gonna be used for? Other than “the video recording of stars in the night sky and nocturnal animal behavior”

Aerial reconnaissance would be my guess. The entire system with lenses and stuff is probably gigantic….

lokisbong
    Participant

Oh thats seems like a likely use for sure. and yeah thats gonna be a big-ass camera

SilverStag
    Participant

I sort of imagine it ending up in something kind of steampunk, like this:

Click for Awesome size:

Now *there’s* a macro lens! by pjern, on Flickr

chupathingie
    Participant

Man, optics for that sensor are gonna cost a fortune. Imagine what it takes to fully illuminate a frame that size and keep a flat focal plane… but yeah, *droool* 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

I agree that it’s most excellent, but was that last dig really necessary?

Necessary, no, but quite Fark-like based on the headlines I read. Where’s everyone’s sense of humor lately?

orionid
    Participant

I’ll take two. And my sense of humor went to the bathroom to drop some canons off at the pool. 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll take two. And my sense of humor went to the bathroom to drop some canons off at the pool. 😉

Two? I’d take 25 and network them into some astro-telescopic contraption (some adjustments would need to be done for proper curvature of light).

Reminds me of a sign at a friends house: “Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no ‘P’ in it. Please keep it that way.”

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.