How about: Sunday Farktography Classic Contests?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage How about: Sunday Farktography Classic Contests?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mikemikeb
    Participant

I have an idea for Sunday contests as described in the last poll, and it’s basically something called “Farktography Sunday Classics”, where Sundays are the days that Farktography Classic contests are held, and Wednesdays have all-new contests.

We can start this on New Year’s Eve (with a New Year’s Day EST greenlight, say, 12:01 AM?), with the “Happy New Year!” theme, and go from there.

Now, if you think that having Farktography contests on Sundays is a bad idea in the first place, I suggest that you don’t vote for “Just make me a margarita, veruca” and skew the results, but it’s all up to you.

monkeybort
    Participant

i voted for once a month, but i don’t know that i can be available to post the boobies on sundays as well as wednesdays – really i’m fine with doing the classic contests on wednesdays in lieu of a new topic.

so really, i’m voting for *maybe an occasional* sunday contest but am absolutely completely happy with doing the contests (both new and classics) on wednesdays.

mikemikeb – i think you’re remiss in saying that voting for ‘make me a marg’ will skew the results but not posting any other option for not having sunday contests at all. it’s going to make people think they’re screwing something up if they vote for margarita; but then if they don’t want sunday contests there is no other option other than not to vote, which will definitely skew the results.

/my $.02

mikemikeb
    Participant

mikemikeb – i think you’re remiss in saying that voting for ‘make me a marg’ will skew the results but not posting any other option for not having sunday contests at all. it’s going to make people think they’re screwing something up if they vote for margarita; but then if they don’t want sunday contests there is no other option other than not to vote, which will definitely skew the results.

Good point. I didn’t add a second option because I figured that all the people for Wed. only contests would vote for it, and they would beat out the other options (minus “margarita”) since we’d be divided on those. Sorry if that didn’t make sense.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

methinks mikemkeb could use a crash course in proper survey design 😉

But seriously, I also don’t mind having classic themes on Wednesdays, and also not opposed to occasional Sunday themes as well, but I don’t know about the frequency, honestly. I guess once a month would be ok, but more often than that might be harder to coordinate for people.

veruca
    Participant

For the record i make yummy margaritas; they’re blue and come in my official World Market margarita glasses. Salt or no, your choice, but always with a heavy hand on the tequila bottle.

But in the interest of not skewing the results, and because I never got around to commenting in the other thread, here are the things to consider if we’re discussing opening a Sunday contest:

1. Drew’s approval. Without that we gots nothing. He’s been absolutely wonderful about Farktography on so many levels. However does he deem it an important enough aspect of FARK to add an extra contest? Based on the fact that we haven’t been rolled in inclusively I don’t know – but it’s a question worth asking.

2. Who will be around to post the boobies? If ‘bort, like many of us, use the weekends for photo shooting, errands, and life in general who would be around to do it *every* weekend? In my humble opinion it’s easier to schedule during the week (correct me if I’m wrong).

3. Interest level. If we have too many contests per month will people’s interest level be maintained or will individuals just get burned out? 2 contests a week? Personally speaking my life has been *CRAZY* lately. Of course it might just come down to choosing one contest or the other, or both if you have the time.

I’m sure there’s something I’m leaving out but I’ll think about it more this afternoon. But I am not completely opposed to a once a month extra special bonus Blossom episode as long as 1 and 2 above are satisfied.

zeke
    Participant

I’d be down with once a month doing something different on Sunday, but I’d rather have the margarita instead. Make mine with Sauza Tres Generaciones, por favor…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

veruca, you had me at margarita months ago….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How about: Sunday Farktography Classic Contests?’ is closed to new replies.