Ice Storm 07, the artsy photos

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Ice Storm 07, the artsy photos

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Can be viewed and read about, or just viewed.

If you read about them, maybe you can help me sort out which ones were flashed and which ones weren’t – I think I got some of them backwards.

Some non-artsy photos are also available, but you’ll have to pick around the text.

monkeybort
    Participant

ooooo nice schnee!!!

anneb
    Participant

Very nice! The flash-frozen yellow flower is wonderful.

I find the side-by-side in “and read about” really helpful, since flash is one of those things I’m constantly strugglng with. How were you flashing them?

schnee
    Participant

I have a Canon kit – EOS 7e with a 420 EX flash. The flash was mounted on top of camera (usual position). I was a bit afraid that the lens would shadow the flash since my working distance was pretty limited, but that did not manifest.

I know this isn’t very useful, but I used the flash as a robo-flash and let the camera’s auto metering figure it all out. If I could, I probably would have thrown less light at the ice to reduce some of the reflections. Next time, I’ll try something like that.

I was mostly concerned with DOF and consequentially twiddled with the aperture setting and the DOF-preview.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Ice Storm 07, the artsy photos’ is closed to new replies.