Intel Inside

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Intel Inside

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Austin finally disposed of a rather prominent blight on it’s downtown landscape by imploding the abandoned shell of what was to be an Intel design center. Your intrepid narcissistic photojournalist was there.

If we ever have a “detonation cords exploding” theme, I’m covered.

Curious
    Participant

Since I’m still on film

pardon me but WTF?

as much as i love film and am both cheap and broke ……

they are great shots. now if you could get Austin to do that to about 89% of the town and surrounding areas i might move back. 🙂

/insert get off my lawn or onion on belt comment here

schnee
    Participant

Since I’m still on film

pardon me but WTF?

as much as i love film and am both cheap and broke ……

My “read-between-the-lines-Fu” is weak today. If I disparaged film, I did not mean to.

If the “WTF” was followed with a silent “are you still shooting film for, you luddite!”, well, I hear you. It’s just that the SchneeWorld.com CFO really likes slide-shows (comes from her youth). And for the money, DSLRs are still kind of pricey.

The good news is that the CFO also wants a largish flat panel HDTV. Once that happens, digital slide-shows are definitely a possibility so she may yet come around, and DSLR prices continue to drop.

they are great shots. now if you could get Austin to do that to about 89% of the town and surrounding areas i might move back. 🙂

Thanks for the compliment.

We have different perspectives, but I sort of like the way Austin is growing up.

Curious
    Participant

We have different perspectives, but I sort of like the way Austin is growing up.

fortunately we can both find places we like.

re the film thing it was “you Luddite” 🙂 slide shows can be real fun but overall i’ll take the trade offs to digital. of course that said i like both of these for different reasons. http://www.davesweblife.com/images/old-young.JPG

i still have all my film cameras (35mm, 2 1/14 and 4 x 5) and accessories but haven’t used them in some time now. i also carry 35mm point and shot cameras in my bags as backups. oh know, in case aliens land. have to have that original negative so i can’t be accused of using photoshop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Intel Inside’ is closed to new replies.