Judd Trail in Nuuanu and Diamond Head

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Judd Trail in Nuuanu and Diamond Head

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Yesterday was a busy day for me-two different hikes and lots of pictures. Here’s some of the best:

~~~~~~~~~:Judd Trail:~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~:Diamond Head:~~~~~~~~~

As usual you can find a few more, as well as all of my other Hawaii photos, here.

Kestrana
    Participant

That last one is actually my favorite.

Farktographer
    Participant

Love the fourth and fifth ones. The open forest is amazing, and the capture of velvety strands of water gives beautiful contrast in that photo.

lokisbong
    Participant

Lots of awesome here.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, what loki said. Do you plan to make it to the other islands or are you going to be “stuck” on the big one?

My entire Hawaii experience consists of a week on Maui and it was a structured trip thing, so there wasn’t much time for exploration. I’d love to be able hike off into some of that wilderness that I saw from the roadside.

orionid
    Participant

/awaysick

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Do you plan to make it to the other islands or are you going to be “stuck” on the big one?

Well, I’m on Oahu, not the big island. I will get to the big island every now and then, though, and I might get to Maui a few times. As for Molokai, Lanai, Kauai, and the rest, I’m not sure. I’d like to visit all of ’em eventually.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, everybody!

Pickerel
    Participant

Love the long exposure of the water. Such a clean shot.

ravnostic
    Participant

I hate you. You horrible, horrible man. How dare you take such images! And then post them! I’ll have you know I’ll never enter another waterfall/green themed/tree/color/long exposure/tropical contest again! And its

all.

your.

fault.

Lovely pictures, by the way. Care for some tea? Do try the biscotti…fresh from Milan this morning–though I’m to understand they had to re-bake it as it didn’t quite finish the first time.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Living here is pretty ridiculous, I must admit. One of my roommates was watching “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” the other day, and I recognized some of the beautiful shooting locations. Then I remembered that I could just drive there whenever I wanted.

I’ve had some conflicting opinions about photo #5 (waterfall, long exposure) versus an alternate I took. What do y’all think:

I prefer the one I posted above, but about half of the people I show these two to prefer this one. I’m not entirely sure why.

PS: You could always come visit, Orionid, I’ve got couch space.
    PPS: Rav-The tradeoff is that I literally can’t get autumn or winter shots. It’s always summer here. Beautiful, warm, perfect summer. I guess I could get snow on top of MK. Oh, did I mention that I’m going to be spending a night on the mountain next week? I just got a new tripod, too! Star trails, here I come!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Definitely the first version. It gives more “context” to the shot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Judd Trail in Nuuanu and Diamond Head’ is closed to new replies.