Lake + sunset + HDR

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Lake + sunset + HDR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Particularly happy with how this one came out.

Went out to the lake yesterday around sunset to get some more recent options for this week’s contest. Along with the farktography approved processing, I did a few HDR shots as well.

This one isn’t HDR, but probably still a bit too processed (Lightroom + Color Efex including the detail enhancer) for this week’s contest

And this one is a 3-image stack combined in Gimp. Decided not to go too overboard with the processing from there to keep it a bit more natural

ravnostic
    Participant

I really like that first one!

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve been pretty lucky with this location for sunset shots both times out there and is only a 10-15min drive from the house. The lake is still really down low, where I was standing for these shots should have water up over my head. Really hoping for some spring rains.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Those are really nice, ‘Cuda, but that first one’s something special. You say that’s HDR? If so, it’s very well applied.

orionid
    Participant

I love that second one! Absolutely gorgeous.

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks CISS & orionid.

Yes, the first is a 3-image HDR, processed in Nik HDR Efex Pro. Kept the settings fairly low, think I started with the ‘outdoor’ or maybe one of the ‘dark’ presets. I’ve had a couple friends express interest in getting prints done of that one when I posted it on Facebook over the weekend.

The second one isn’t HDR, but used the detail enhancer and sunlight filters in Color Efex Pro to bring out the detail and colors. Wife says it’s too saturated to look realistic, but I like it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Lake + sunset + HDR’ is closed to new replies.