Leaving, on a jet plane…

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Leaving, on a jet plane…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

A question for some of the well-traveled farktographers out there. I’ve been accepted to a university in the UK, and obviously my first worry was, “will my camera charger work?” I’ve been looking up adapters and whatnot, but none of them seem to do anything with controlling the voltage. Not wanting my overpriced battery to explode or die, should I buy a new charger for my camera when I get there, or voltage be damned, will an adapter work for something as simple as a battery charger?

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I haven’t tested my batteries out in Europe yet, but when I was in Australia and New Zealand, things seemed to work just fine with only an adapter. That was short term, though. Are you going off to graduate school, too, then?

sleeping
    Participant

Most modern electronic doodads will work fine with just a plug adapter. Check the label on the back and if it says 110-240v you should be good to go.

Farktographer
    Participant

Plama: Yep, off to grad. school. When do you start? I have to pick a school still, and the programs start early September 😳

Sleeping: Just checked – 100-240, so looks like I’m good to go! Thanks for that tip.

/Oops, meant to post this in the farktography bar and grill, not articles.
    //My bad.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

52 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes, and 30 seconds from the time of this post. Approximately. (That’s the time my plane leaves the mainland). I can’t freaking wait. What are your choices for schools? I don’t know chemistry too well, but I know a few good science schools in the UK.

Farktographer
    Participant

I’ve narrowed it down to University of Manchester and University of York; York is the better school, and they’re offering me money, but I like the research with the prof. at Manchester a lot more and it’s an easier work schedule, so it’s a bit of a dilemma. Imperial College has me waitlisted, but if I got in there, I’m pretty sure I’d drop everything else and take that one.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Well, yeah, Imperial College is freaking awesome in everything. Hope you get it! I still can’t believe that I got into my top choice school with such a good stipend offer. I’m supposed to be getting my RA/TA and office assignments in the next week or so. If I wasn’t so exhausted from observing nearly every damn night for the past two weeks, I’d be bouncing off the walls. Ah, the sacrifices we make for research.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Leaving, on a jet plane…’ is closed to new replies.