Left Eye or Right Eye?

Forums Forums Get Technical Tips & Tricks Left Eye or Right Eye?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

What eye do you look through the viewfinder with? I have always used my left eye. I cannot see through the viewfinder at all with my right eye. Even if I block my left eye and look with my right, as soon as I unblock the left all I lose the viewfinder completely.
    Am I weird or are others like this?

ravnostic
    Participant

primarily my left, but depending on whether I have the camera in portrait or landscape mode, I can go both ways.

nobigdeal
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3-FWfwk
    For the left eye shooters out there.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Right only. I’ve never even tried using my left, it puts my nose into the menu controls and just seems kinda awkward.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsx3-FWfwk
    For the left eye shooters out there.

Almost always shoot right, but I tried the “left shoulder rest with both hands on right side of the camera” grip from the video. It wasn’t uncomfortable, and may come in handy when doing low light shooting sans tripod. However, it only works when the camera is pointing at head height or lower.

linguine
    Participant

Right eye, I’d guess most people use whichever eye is their dominant eye.

lokisbong
    Participant

Right eye only. I am blind in my left eye. Had a cataract in my left eye when I was 15 and they couldn’t put an artificial lens in at that time because they said I wasn’t done growing. And when I was old enough and had stopped growing I was living the poor life on my own so no eye surgery for me. Maybe some day I will get a really good job and get it fixed but after 25 years blind in one eye it doesn’t really bother me.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I shoot dominant eye, right both camera and when it was applicable firearms.

orionid
    Participant

Right eye, unless location/obstructions warrants needing that extra in and a half to the left.

zincprincess
    Participant

Left eye without even registering that’s what I’m doing. After reading this thread, I tried to use my right eye and I simply cannot do it.

Curious
    Participant

left but i’m left eye dominant. and although right handed shoot a rifle off my left shoulder. when i was in navy boot camp we had to qualify with an M-1. which ejects from the right side and the range guys said the brass would hit me if i shot from my left shoulder.

so they made me shoot right hand/shoulder after dry firing some. i was pulling 4 targets to my left. and they politely took me off the range. but since it was navy boot camp somehow i passed that part. 🙂

clouddancer
    Participant

Right eye dominant, so I shoot with my right eye. Hubs, I’m not sure, but he’s left eye dominant, and left handed, but does some things right-handed.

ravnostic
    Participant

Herm…would be interesting to see if left eye doms vote differently than right eye doms. A brain thing? Dunno how you’d compose such an experiment, though.

Kestrana
    Participant

Well you could just have people keep track of how they voted for a month and submit their answers to a neutral 3rd party to sort, along with their eye dominance.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Left Eye or Right Eye?’ is closed to new replies.