Local architecture

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Local architecture

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Been wanting to do something different than my usual nature / landscape stuff, so decided that with the heat of the summer really starting to take hold that some evening shoots at some of the area city municipal buildings may be a fun project. For semi-rural suburbs of Dallas, the area has some really interesting and fairly modern looking City Hall buildings.

First up, Fairview City Hall – HDR during the blue hour

And from tonight, Murphy City Hall – also HDR, near sunset, but not real happy with the sky tonight so may have to revist another night, or take a few more stabs at processing

I have a few more photos from tonight that I’ll try to process tomorrow to see if I’m any happier with. Still have plans to get some shots of Allen’s City Hall and a few other locations.

A few other shots here as well: https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/PhotographyHDR#5889917800786622530

Barracuda
    Participant

Another of the Murphy City Hall, a bit more pleased with how this turned out. HDR’ed and then run through Color Efex for some more tweaking to reduce the dreary clouds and bring more light to the party.

Barracuda
    Participant

Addison Theatre Centre / Addison Confrence Centre

Joe Farmer Recreation Center

Not exactly a civic building, but I like it so I’m posting it. 😉

(not 100% happy with the processing, darned halo on the roof line, may try again tonight)

fluffybunny
    Participant
    Barracuda
    Participant

I’ve reworked the barn shot, doing a lot better eliminating the roof line halo. Ended up being caused by the high ‘anti-ghosting’ setting that I had selected when I did the HDR setup. I tend to lean to the realistic when doing most post processing, but do like the ‘vintage 2’ levels-curves setting in Nik HDR Efex seen in the Addison Theatre Centre and the barn shots.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Local architecture’ is closed to new replies.