Man I need to win the lottery

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Man I need to win the lottery

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

sure it’ll cost $100K. But dynamic range to catch the sun and stars in the same exposure without apparent noise? want!!!!

//edit–found it again! http://www.shutterbug.com/content/there-are-full-size-sensors-and-then-there-are-full-size-sensors#.T-NggcIfjPw.facebook

orionid
    Participant

This thread is useless without links/pics.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ha! And I’ll never find the link again! My bad!!

orionid
    Participant

Well, in keeping with the title, I heard on the radio yesterday that NASA plans on auctioning off the Hubble in 2017.

staplermofo
    Participant

We’ve gotta form one of those rag-tag commando units so popular in 1980s action/adventure shows.

*hums inspiration theme, holds up cards reading..*
    orionid as Roger “tech” McGovern (crude drawing of a stickman with a bandana blowing something up)
    Uman as Butch “Doc” Cahill (crude drawing of a stickman with some other lines that are hard to make sense of)
    ravnostic as Matthias “Face” Walthers (detailed drawing of a motorcycle with a crude stickman rider)
    Kestrana as Barbara “Bazooka” Anderson (huge bazooka drawing, crude stickwoman hastily added later)
    Elsinore as Captain Caprescano “Cappy” Concesca (stickwoman with a captain’s hat and a eyepatch, and either a hook-hand or a gun, boobs erased and redrawn several times)
    and staplermofo as Stapler “staplermofo” Mofo (not a drawing, just a stapler with racing stripes and a flaming skull resting on a sheet of paper)

Episode one: our heroes, drummed out of the Marine Corps’ top secret covert nuclear photography counter-intelligence something something because of TRAITORS IN THEIR OWN RANKS!? then they drive around in sports cars or jetpacks (jet cars? sport jets?) and find the TRAITORS ARE STILL something something drugs, car chase, brief torture scene with wisecracking and later steely eyed death stares soon followed by murder death. Some kinda running gag about someone being particular about something and another person not caring about it at all. 15 minute ninja fight where I take on like 50+1 Uzbek paperclip guys, and a heart rending fight against +1 (who killed my beloved mentor), but then I spare him at the end, but then he pulls a paperclip and I just waste him like bew bew bew bew. Then we all meet up at a bar or a softball game and Doc comes in last and lets us know there will be a sequel or entire tv series.
    And we all go “awwww 🙁 “, but then we’re all “awww yeah”.

fluffybunny
    Participant

So, while the rest of you were out saving democracy from the menace of Nicaraguan drug cartels I found some mind fuel:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/dynamic-range.htm
    http://www.fourmilab.ch/images/venus_daytime/

And the video:
    http://astronomy.activeboard.com/t49208650/spectral-instruments/

staplermofo
    Participant

And the video:

Let’s put off filming for a week and see if we can get a greenlight asking farkers to pester this Zeke character to let us (me) use (have a chance to steal) his camera. Then zoom, we run off to Nicaragua, depose the Sandinistas and back whoever opposes an extradition treaty with the US… which might be the Sandinistas… Oh man this is gonna be cake.

ravnostic
    Participant

And the video:

Let’s put off filming for a week and see if we can get a greenlight asking farkers to pester this Zeke character to let us (me) use (have a chance to steal) his camera. Then zoom, we run off to Nicaragua, depose the Sandinistas and back whoever opposes an extradition treaty with the US… which might be the Sandinistas… Oh man this is gonna be cake.

weird shiat like this makes me wish this forum had ‘likes’ or ‘+1s’ or ‘Kudos’.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I say offer “Zeke” a cameo role, let’s say as “Dr. Brackish Okun” who’s back story consists of black and white shaky cam cut scenes from his childhood that imply avant garde psychological experimentation on the neighborhood kids. He is mostly seen in the background fiddling with beakers and knobs and slide rules, but in the last two minutes he lets it slip that none of you are really in South America. Episode Two will start with the revelation that Dr. Okun has been trespassing in your dreams and has compromised your plan for world domination. While “Zeke” is busy in the make up tent, snatch the Uber Camera and retreat to headquarters.

ravnostic
    Participant

fluffy Bipolar much? :-p

(love the linked articles; didn’t watch the video).

fluffybunny
    Participant

fluffy Bipolar much? :-p

Well, I can say that I’m not medicated,.. and I did coin the phrase “I apprecia-hate you” but nooo,.. I think I’m quite normal.

/Easily distracted though.
    //Ooh, that dog has a puffy tail!

Yoyo
    Participant

Two questions:
    1. Do I get a bit part or at least a cameo?
    2. How does Fark and Farktography come up with such great ideas while Hollywood can only produce crap? (Anyone catch the zombie movie plot we hashed out in a thread a few years back?)

orionid
    Participant

Two questions:
    1. Do I get a bit part or at least a cameo?
    2. How does Fark and Farktography come up with such great ideas while Hollywood can only produce crap? (Anyone catch the zombie movie plot we hashed out in a thread a few years back?)

2: Crowdsourcing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Man I need to win the lottery’ is closed to new replies.