Memorial Thread for Curious–Ideas

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes Memorial Thread for Curious–Ideas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

If you have any ideas for a memorial theme for Curious, please post them here.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

To be honest, I don’t really remember Curious all that much…which is amazing since we have both spent decades doing Farktography together.

I looked through his photos on Bibliostats, and other than he appears to have lived in along the gulf or in Florida, there doesn’t seem to be much of a general theme through out us photos.

About the most popular photos that he took seemed to be along the water…rivers, estuaries, and the ocean. So, that would be my suggestion…Down By the River.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s not a bad idea. He lived in Louisiana, fwiw. One of his winning photos was of the damage left behind by a hurricane (I think Katrina).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Elsinore.
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

First, I didn’t catch last week’s announcement so thanks for making it again Els. I’m sorry to hear that.

The things I relate most closely to memories of Curious are Louisiana and cats. Since I don’t want to see another cats theme, maybe something like “Born on the Bayou” with the theme applying to anything that evokes Louisiana – New Orleans, alligators, bayous, crawfish, Cajuns and/or Cajun/Creole food, etc.

Since they’re both CCR songs (Down by the River and Born on the Bayou), you could even make it a CCR theme.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

Actually, “Down by the River” is a Neil Young song, CCR did “Down on the Corner”. =)

Bonus fact: CCR is from San Francisco 😉

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Lovesandwich.
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Doh! How did I mess that one up?! One of my favorite Neil’s as well.

Yeah, so, scrap the whole CCR angle. I still like Born on the Bayou as a theme though.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

My only hesitation for a Bayou theme is how few people would have photos that already fit that theme or have access to some place that fits it. Although gators and beaches and whatnot would help open it up. The more I think about it, the better it sounds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Memorial Thread for Curious–Ideas’ is closed to new replies.