memory cards

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk memory cards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    linguine
    Participant

Does anybody know if copying a picture back to my memory card from my computer would mess up the format of the memory card and screw things up with my camera?

millera9
    Participant

It shouldn’t. I’ve used my SD memory cards to transport files between computers before. My only suggestion would be to create a folder on the card to store the stuff in and then delete it once you’re done. Also, if you’re worried about it screwing up, just take everything else off the card, transfer the one picture back on, and then, if it doesn’t work, you can just format the card without losing data. Good luck!

linguine
    Participant

Well I ended up borrowing a thumbnail drive from my neighbor right after I posted so I used that instead rather than risk my computer being moddy and breaking my camera. But Ill have to remember that I can do this for when Im feeling braver in the future.

Analogy
    Participant

I remember sticking a card in my 30D that my friend had used to take pictures with his Rebel XT, and my camera displayed his pictures perfectly and continued the picture numbering from where his camera left off.

I think the software in these cameras is a lot less fragile than you might think.

XenPix
    Participant

I remember sticking a card in my 30D that my friend had used to take pictures with his Rebel XT, and my camera displayed his pictures perfectly and continued the picture numbering from where his camera left off.

I think the software in these cameras is a lot less fragile than you might think.

I do the same with my 400D (Rebel XTi) and my Powershot A70. The only issue with doing that is the 400D shots show up as very tiny images on the screen of the A70 and you can’t zoom on them or anything. Other than that, the numbering, etc., all works as normal.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘memory cards’ is closed to new replies.