11-13-19 – Monovember – Monochrome

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-13-19 – Monovember – Monochrome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

[for 11-13-2019]

The term monochrome is usually taken to mean the same as black and white or, more likely, grayscale. And while it may also be used to refer to other combinations containing only tones of a single color, such as gradients of green or red, we want to see grayscale monochromatic images. Difficulty: sepia, cyanotype, daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, and tintypes (each of which are a monochromatic) are ineligible as they will have a separate theme later in Monovember.

(Contest #758)

QueenMab
    Participant

+1

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So…just to be clear–you’re ok with monochromatic images that are in color but restricted to primarily a single color?

Anonymous
    Inactive

By definition images primarily of a single color are monochrome but I was thinking more along the lines of “Monovember – Monochrome Grayscale”. Colors other than grayscale have been used in color-themed contests like the upcoming Orange theme.

I’m OK with either grayscale or any image primarily of a single color. Whichever you feel would generate more interest and activity.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m totally fine with a grayscale kind of theme, just wanted to be sure and be clear in the description.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘11-13-19 – Monovember – Monochrome’ is closed to new replies.