Monsoon season…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Monsoon season…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

…has returned to Arizona.

(best viewed large, clicky for bigger)

jpatten
    Participant

Very cool
    I love lightning pictures…

linguine
    Participant

So does that mean you got 2 or 3 drops of rain?

Killerclaw
    Participant

I love Arizona, it’s my 2nd favorite place after Yosemite.

caradoc
    Participant

So does that mean you got 2 or 3 drops of rain?

No, it means we got over an inch in less than 24 hours.

gensolo
    Participant

Wow great pictures i love them, id like to do some photos like that (lightning) one day.

nutkick_42
    Participant

Wow, drainage must suck out there. We got 3 inches in less than 6 hours the other night, and everything was fine as soon as the rain stopped falling.

Heck, I remember a storm last year that dropped close to 2.5 inches of rain in an hour.

Also, very cool pictures. The first one looks like it would make a cool album cover.

caradoc
    Participant

Wow, drainage must suck out there. We got 3 inches in less than 6 hours the other night, and everything was fine as soon as the rain stopped falling.

Yes, drainage sucks. Most of the “dirt” out here is the consistency of ten-year-old Portland cement. My tent stakes are pieces of 1/2″ round steel rod, 18″ long. And I *still* bend one every time I put the tent up…

Thanks for the comment on the image. It’s one of my favorites at the moment.

nutkick_42
    Participant

My tent stakes are pieces of 1/2″ round steel rod, 18″ long. And I *still* bend one every time I put the tent up…

You might be from Arizona if: you bring a hammer drill and masonry bits camping to set up the tent.

caradoc
    Participant

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff! I thought of you tonight, caradoc–we had a thunderstorm with just an incredible amount of lightning. I got some shots that I’m going through now. I kept thinking “man, caradoc would be all over this” hehe

caradoc
    Participant

Next step – integrating a model with the lightning. We’re going out Wednesday night to try that, so I may be a bit late on my Farktography submissions…

caradoc
    Participant

It’s been a wild night. No model, though… As usual, clicky to embiggen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Monsoon season…’ is closed to new replies.