Motion blur

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Saldo1981
    Participant

Here are some photos cropped to make the car the main focus.

Curious
    Participant

maybe it’s me but #’s 1 & 2 could use some room in front of the car. #2 especially looks like it’s about to crash into the right margin.

on the plus side all are much sharper than the first ones. and the contrasting blurred background adds excitement.

staplermofo
    Participant

You just keep getting better and better. Those are great.

I don’t suppose you could shoot even lower to the ground, maybe headlight level? It looks like the cars are doing some dramatic leaning and a lower shot might emphasize that , and it should make the motion blur more pronounced as well, as you’d be working with just the sides of the cars. Not that I’m in a position to offer any advice.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I have to agree with Curious about the framing, but the panning and amount of motion blur is very nice. You’ve definitely improved!

Saldo1981
    Participant

I’m going to have to try to shoot lower and get those shots framed up so they look good. I see what you are saying abuot being able to see the body lean better at headlight level. Now just to find someone I trust enough to stand next to me as I’m that low to the ground to pull me up in the event that a car loses control towards me. I did not have a spotter last time (not enough course workers) so my choices of shooting positions was very limited due to safety.

Feburary 3rd is the next autocross so I’ll get more practice then, plus I am now equipped with a 2 gig and a 1 gig card. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Motion blur’ is closed to new replies.