My HDR tutorial

Forums Forums Get Technical HDR My HDR tutorial

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    artic_fun
    Participant
    veruca
    Participant

thanks for the tutorial artic. am going to give this a shot!

Anonymous
    Participant

where do you get the photomatrix software?

Morningbreath
    Participant

the guest question was mine. I forgot to login. In any event, I tried Photomatix(no r) software, and it is really easy to use. Its $100 though, is there something cheaper out there?

Klahanie
    Participant

Thanks Artic. That is a beautiful photo.

Morningbreath, I’ve been using the free version of photomatix and then I just use Photoshop Elements to get rid of the watermark. I’ve also had some luck shooting with cropping in mind. If you aren’t looking to make a huge print there is some leeway there. You can get some pretty wild results if you want, but you can also just make a good image better. Go nuts, have fun. I’m totally addicted to the process/results.

edit: Here is the link: http://www.hdrsoft.com/

Klahanie
    Participant

I should probably mention that it is worth the 100 bucks and I will be buying it, just not until I get a new camera. 🙂

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for the tip Galleywench. I think I am going to become addicted to it too. I took pictures in triplicate all morning, and have been playing with them on my computer. I should be working, but this is more fun. I probably will spring for the licensed version of the software before the contest, it really is easy to work with.

swampa
    Participant

I have been playing around with trying to get HDR to work – most images seem to have some weird artifacts in them though but I put that down to using jpgs instead of RAW files.

It seems that the Photomatix 2.3 beta 14 has an undocumented feature that lets you make HDR photos without the watermark on them (they have also added an extra way of adjusting the HDR image)

Klahanie
    Participant

It seems that the Photomatix 2.3 beta 14 has an undocumented feature that lets you make HDR photos without the watermark on them

O’rly? I downloaded that last night to my laptop, but didn’t get that far. Thanks for the heads-up.

CaptainJim
    Participant

I just got the software last night and it is kinda fun. Will it be OK to get rid of the watermark with photoshop for this contest(yes I know it is against the rules)? I just hate to spend 100 bucks for a contest. Actually I guess if I have to spend the money I would rather just upgrade CS to CS2.

Here is my first one with the watermark removed by clone and heal.

monkeybort
    Participant

has anyone had any luck with the cs2 hdr? i just tried a quick one and it didn’t really come out all that well. sky was still blown out, etc. or is there tweaking that can be done that i’m missing?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘My HDR tutorial’ is closed to new replies.