My new favorite shot evar

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery My new favorite shot evar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Analogy
    Participant

LGT Flickr page. Story goes, I’m this bands official/unofficial photographer, I try and make it out to as much stuff as I can and take pics. This particular gig was in a veritable cave of a venue. Ambient is f/2.8 ISO 3200 at 1/30th. Just unusable for band photography. So I got the idea of bringing my business partner’s studio strobes out to the venue and using them to light the stage. I’m definitely bringing these out to every gig from now on. No motion blur! No high ISO noise! More depth of field! It’s super-awesome.

I ended up actually setting the strobes on minimum intensity. I originally had them set for f/5.6 at ISO 400, but since people’s eyes were adjusted to the ambient light the flash would just kick your eyeballs in. I knocked them down as far as I could, which ended up being f/4 at ISO 800.

Klahanie
    Participant

Cool shot!

boringolddoug
    Participant

Well done. Makes me want to go out and buy strobes and find a band.

Klahanie
    Participant

Well done. Makes me want to go out and buy strobes and find a band.

You already have the only band I’ll ever need! The Tragically Hip

beethy
    Participant

Excellent shot, love it

Thenationalfreak
    Participant

Its a great shot, I can really feel the energy in it, the only thing that I think takes anything away from it is the light bean under the guitarists chin. But that can’t really be helped

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘My new favorite shot evar’ is closed to new replies.