ND Filter Fun

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery ND Filter Fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

I bought a 6 stop ND filter a few months ago, and finally had a decent chance to use it. A couple of these are HDR too

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Oh that’s nice. Good stuff. I think that’ll be my next investment.

orionid
    Participant

Awesome stuff. I have a 4x that’s been sitting on a shelf for over a year now and has yet to be christened.

Kestrana
    Participant

OMG those are gorgeous. I want to be you >:-D

sleeping
    Participant

Thanks!

Oh, one lesson learned – keep the light out of your viewfinder! With a 6 stop ND on the front, the stray daylight coming in from the eyepiece can play havoc on your metering. I thought my camera might be going nuts until I worked out what was going on….

Curious
    Participant

my old minolta XD-11 had an internal shutter you could close for that.

sleeping
    Participant

Yup, my D700 has one as well. Completely forgot about it at first though… The cheaper Nikons come with a separate plastic cover instead.

Curious
    Participant

The cheaper Nikons come with a separate plastic cover instead.

thanks for reminding me. mine was still in the original box. now it’s in my camera bag.

of course if i did like i did today and just take the camera/lens and leave the bag home that won’t help. it didn’t help today when i ran out of battery before running out of subjects.

orionid
    Participant

Yup, my D700 has one as well. Completely forgot about it at first though… The cheaper Nikons come with a separate plastic cover instead.

So thats what that was….. Heh.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ND Filter Fun’ is closed to new replies.