Skip to toolbar

Need quick help from canon people.

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Need quick help from canon people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

Found a used camera store in Shinjuku, tell me if you see any good deals in these pictures please. Thank you very much. Remember that 100 yen is about one USD

staplermofo
    Participant

For those who can’t read Japanese:
    ニーコル is Nikkor
    ニコン is Nikon
    ミノルタ is Minolta
    キャノン is Canon
    シグマ is Sigma

The 17-35mm f/2.8 (L?) looks like a great deal, but I must be misunderstanding something.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm prices look kinda comparable to US prices for new equipment, at first glance. What’s the AF and Ai lenses? Third party stuff?

For frame of reference, B&H sells the 50mm f/1.4 new for $325 and the 35mm f/1.4L is $1160-$1180 new (depending on USA or Gray Market warranty).

andyofne
    Participant

Having lived in Japan I can tell you that oftentimes something that looks like a grand bargain turns out to be about the same as what you’d find back home if you looked around. Plus, you typically have zero recourse once you leave Japan.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I’ve been eyeing prices on the 28mm f/2.8

That looks par for the course for eBay/amazon. It’s tempting.

andyofne
    Participant

Having lived in Japan I can tell you that oftentimes something that looks like a grand bargain turns out to be about the same as what you’d find back home if you looked around. Plus, you typically have zero recourse once you leave Japan.

On the other hand, back in the day, you could always get good bargains in Hong Kong.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.