New camera gallery

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery New camera gallery

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

Well, my new baby isn’t as big news as caradoc‘s, but I thought I’d share a gallery of some of my recent shots with the new kit:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Darth.Java/FunWithNewLenses?feat=directlink
    I’m having a hell of a lot of fun with it!

caradoc
    Participant

I forget – what’s the new kit? Nice rainbows!

lokisbong
    Participant

Those look pretty good. Nice rainbows indeed. and the cactus shots are very nice too.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

The new kit is:
    D7000
    Nikkor 18-105mm, f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 FX format lens (FoV equivalent of a ~450mm lens at full zoom, which has been awesome)
    Tamron 90mm prime f/2.8 macro lens

I’m looking around for a used wide, fast prime too, but I don’t have one yet.

Edit: I almost forgot about my old 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6, which is pretty much redundant now. I guess it’s good as a lighter weight solution when I don’t want to carry the 70-300, which is a beast.

caradoc
    Participant

Nice! I’m loving the Tamron 90 and D7000 – but the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 is a spiffy lens for the price, too.

(D7000, Tamron 90 – the Original size really shows off the details.)

sleeping
    Participant

I’m looking around for a used wide, fast prime too, but I don’t have one yet.

Wide angle primes for DX is one of the biggest holes in Nikon’s current lens line up (Canon too, I think?).

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Wide angle primes for DX is one of the biggest holes in Nikon’s current lens line up (Canon too, I think?).

I have been thinking that, yes. Does anybody have the 35mm f/1.8? It’s a bit more expensive than I was hoping for, but if it’s worth it, I may reconsider.

sleeping
    Participant

It’s an excellent lens, but 35mm is about the equivalent of 50mm on Full frame – it’s a normal, not a wide angle.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=35mm+f1.8+nikon&w=74356260%40N00&z=m&s=rec

yrkddn
    Participant

Plama, I have the 35mm ?1.8, and it is a very clean, sharp lens, but Sleeping is quite right about the equivalent value. Clearly your 18-105 is wider, but Nikon has never packed a kit with a “fantastic” lens. I feel like I’m a victim of unrequited “lens envy”, as my budget doesn’t allow for either a full frame camera, or a wide lens below 18mm.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Yeah, that sounds about right. I picked up a cheap vivitar 28mm f/2.5 at my local camera shop. I love it for star shots and indoors, but the optical properties aren’t great wide open (coma like none other). It does have truly excellent color reproduction, though. I figure that it’s the best I can do on my current budget.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘New camera gallery’ is closed to new replies.