night time fun.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery night time fun.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

taken a bit before midnight, and a bit after midnight.. woohoo! Nothing special, but I was having some fun.

Links to actual size:
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x212/bobdobalita/IMG_2427.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x212/bobdobalita/IMG_2431.jpg

jpatten
    Participant

nice, what was the exposure time?

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

Unfortunately, my big-bad power-shot A630 has a max exposure of 15 sec. So it was set at max for the earlier shot, and not quite as high… maybe 8 sec for the later… I wish there was some sort of hack… 🙁

jpatten
    Participant

without an external shutter control of some kind not sure there is a way around it

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

yeah, that, and the fact that I cannot hook up one of those external shutter buttons bums me out… but it’s just a n00b camera. If I can manage to stick with it for a while, I’ll buy myself something nicer. I was surprized that I can get different lenses for that little point and shoot though… hehe…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Great job–the moon helped illuminate, of course, so your shutter speed worked out ok. I started out with a Canon A620 myself when I started learning about photography (our previous digicam had no manual controls, so it wasn’t very helpful in that regard). I’ve moved up to my 30D, but I still use my A620, too. The A6x0 line is very nice 🙂

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

yeah, i’ve been told, for a point and shoot, they are very functional. My sister has a 5D, so I”m totally jealous, but even when she’s shooting with my camera, she still takes nice pictures..even on auto. Damn naturals.

I’m still learning how to set up shots… I just need more experience in gauging what settings I need…. I know WHAT they do, but in certain situations I need a lot of trial and error. I’m going to a 4 week photography class tonight… it’s the first session… so we’ll see if that helps.

I was pleased with those shots as right out of the camera… obviously you can see the inside of my super duper telephoto lens on the one shot, but actually I kind of like the way it frames… I just need to crop it a bit. I saw Soosh’s night photography and was blown away… I can’t wait to play with it more and see what I can come up with.

agent00pi
    Participant

These are grainy like nothing else, but here’s some shots of Canberra in Aus:

jpatten
    Participant

a lower ISO will help with graineyness (is that a word)

corsec67
    Participant

a lower ISO will help with graineyness (is that a word)

Noise, it is called.

Which gets confusing when people start talking about the noise from the mirror in a SLR.

jpatten
    Participant

Taken on Tybee island about 10:30 at night.

10s exposure
    f3.5
    ISO 1600
    22mm

corsec67
    Participant

Well, if we are sharing night pictures, here is one of my favorites:
    flickr page

This a HDR, Pentax K100D, 10mm f/4 2-20 seconds ISO 200

(That is indeed the moon, with a bunch of lens flare)

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

cool pics guys… I love night shots that show so much color like yours corsec

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘night time fun.’ is closed to new replies.