Nikon D1X

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Nikon D1X

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

lemme get a closer look when I get home from work. someone do me a favor and make this threas orange again at 5pm eastern.

ravnostic
    Participant

**dear God, please make this thread orange.**

Did it work?

staplermofo
    Participant

And it was so, when staplermofo typed a message, and checked it, and posted it. And, behold, there came a color unto the thread, and it was orange.
    This beginning of miracles did staplermofo in NikonDX1 of Hardware of Get technical, and manifested forth his glory; and nobody believed on him. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

chupathingie
    Participant

yaknow, that could be very useful for HA imaging if custom drivers are available… the eff. FL on that crop would be insane mated to some good tele-glass. I don’t think vignetting would be much of an issue :lol:, but guiding would.

orionid
    Participant

Your prayer worked. Except it’s not five yet, so pray again later.

lokisbong
    Participant

And It’s Orange again. Sounds like a pretty good deal Pope_Larry_II. If I had a laptop and my roommates older telescope I would totally disassemble my web camera. I never use it anyway.

ravnostic
    Participant

5:21 EST. just saying.

orionid
    Participant

5:21 EST. just saying.

Spank you much. I went out for a bike ride to allow for extra-orangey time. Here’s my take:

Too good to be true usually is. But at that price I’d be wil…… Kestrana, plug your ears and stop reading this thread. Nothing more to see here. I think this is a horrible idea and want nothing else to do with it.

*ahem* Anyway, as I was saying, I’d buy two of each. And just might if it looks like I could drag even my little scope out anytime in the next couple of fortnights. I’d try one just going lens to eyepiece, and one to rip out the lens and go prime focus. I’d start with jewelers screwdrivers and my optical spanners, and graduate to vice grips and a ball-peen hammer if need be. Duct tape and solder can fix quite a bit.

/Speaking of solder, hey, Olavf, does going out of my way to NOT buy RoHS compliant devices make me a bad person? Or a tinfoil hatter? Or just an old, stodgy, stick in the mud who likes his lead-based solder?

Yoyo
    Participant

/Speaking of solder, hey, Olavf, does going out of my way to NOT buy RoHS compliant devices make me a bad person? Or a tinfoil hatter? Or just an old, stodgy, stick in the mud who likes his lead-based solder?

I’ll say it: Tin-lead just works much better than the tin-antimony. I was soldiering some steel this past week, and I dislike the plumbing grade stuff.

Kestrana
    Participant

Kestrana, plug your ears and stop reading this thread. Nothing more to see here. I think this is a horrible idea and want nothing else to do with it.

Hay guyz whatz goin on ovah hyah?

sleeping
    Participant

Hay guyz whatz goin on ovah hyah?

Look! Kitties!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Nikon D1X’ is closed to new replies.