Noob (to farktography)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Noob (to farktography)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Boston_Matt
    Participant

Hey all,

I just thought I would pop in and say “hello” and post a few of my favorite photos. I am currently on a Canon 20D and am very happy w/ its performance. As for the lenses and other kit they are as follows:

Canon 18-55mm (kit lens)
    Tameron 17-35mm f/2.8-4
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 (and just started today w/ a beautiful grinding noise when in AF…)
    Speedlight 420EX
    A pile of Cokin “P” series fliters and filter baskets.
    Bogen/Manfroto monster sticks (a throw back to my videographer days)
    Bogen Monopod
    Manfroto sticks (cant remember the model #’s and they are tripods who really cares eh?)
    Computreker AW backpack (It was great in China)
    Canon Gadget Bag 100EG
    I also use one of those soft insulated lunch bags. Its great for keeping a low profile when out and about.

Future lenses/bodies:
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 w/ ISM
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8
    Sigma 8mm f/3.5
    EOS1 MkIII (I love that frame rate!)

Now for some of my photos:

1st there is me (self portraits):

Some night stuff:

Hong Kong (3/06)

San Diego:

Personal Fav’s:

PS’ed (curves mostly):

This was not done in PS, long exposure with a flash gun:

PS’ed (slight curves):

Freer Gallery of Art, Washington DC:

Well thats all for now I need to hit the sheets for a few hours. I hope you like the photos and I look forward to any constructive critism you all may have to help me imporve my photography.

Matt

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Hi!
    I really like your self-portraits! The little bit of color in the first one totally makes it stand out.
    Do you have a webpage like flickr or anything?

PPG

schnee
    Participant

Welcome aboard! Wait a minnit, you’re not such a noob. Have a portfolio anyway. You’ve got some pretty nice photos there.

Boston_Matt
    Participant

Thanks you two for the warm welcome! I am not sure why the flickr addy didnt show up in my signature. Let me go take a look and get it working correctly. The address to my Flickr site is as follows:

Teh Linky —> My Flickr Photography

Its also in Schnnes reply (thanks for posting it!) also if this ends up not working.

Klahanie
    Participant

Welcome aboard Boston Matt! Great stuff this week. 🙂

Klahanie
    Participant

The link to your Flickr page in your post is wonky. http://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_matt

schnee
    Participant

Its also in Schnnes reply (thanks for posting it!) also if this ends up not working.

Different portfolio, but you’re welcome anyway.

Saldo1981
    Participant

Those are some nice photos. Makes me want to head back down to Atlanta and get some better skyline shots.

Yay for flickr and it’s RSS feeds. Another one added to my screensaver. It even puts the name of the photographer (or whatever you use for your screenname) so I know who to go look at when I start seeing new pictures!

Boston_Matt
    Participant

GalleyWench Thanks for the heads up, and posting the link. I also fixed the wonky link! Thank you for the warm welcome too!

schee DOH! I overlooked that, thanks for that link though!

Saldo1981 Thank you for the compliment! Now what is this RSS/Screensaver you are talking about? I think I need that!

Klahanie
    Participant

You’re welcome, glad to have you here!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Noob (to farktography)’ is closed to new replies.