OH. MY. GOD. (Orionid just came a little)

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware OH. MY. GOD. (Orionid just came a little)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

1) Why have I never heard of this before?

2) Why isn’t there more technical info here?

3) I wonder if this can be improvised with an electric fence charger?

Kirlian Photography Kit

caradoc
    Participant

There’s a pretty decent “how-to” here.

(It should go without saying that you really want to use caution with high voltage sources…)

Yoyo
    Participant

I’ll take a swing at these questions:
    1) You haven’t heard of this before because it’s a fringe area and the fad is long over.
    2) There is a lack of technical information because they’re trying to sell you something.
    3) I’m sure you’ll figure out some way to rig this up with less than 2 trips to the hardware store.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Dude, I gotta say I’m shocked that you hadn’t seen it before. It seems like it’d be right up your alley. I’d agree that there’s probably limited info on that site because they’re trying to sell you a kit, but I’d bet you can find all you need to get started with a little Google-fu. Personally, I’m excited to see what you could do with it.

(It should go without saying that you really want to use caution with high voltage sources…)

Yeah, please ^this^ though. 😉

chupathingie
    Participant

I think my first encounter with this subject was via Leonard Nimoy on In Search Of circa 1972. 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

I’ve been shocked by the electric fence before. This should be nothing new.

staplermofo
    Participant

I’ve been shocked by the electric fence before. This should be nothing new.

Let me guess, this is how it happened.

Kestrana
    Participant

HAHAHA that song was actually in my head when I was typing my post. But no, it was when I was a child at my grandparents farm.

caradoc
    Participant

My brother did that. Peed on a bush which had grown up and around the electric fence wire.

The results were… spectacular.

lokisbong
    Participant

My brother did that. Peed on a bush which had grown up and around the electric fence wire.

The results were… spectacular.

My best friend in high school did the exact same thing! Hell he didn’t even know there was a fence there. lol.

Farktographer
    Participant

Mythbusters tested the peeing on electrical things, didn’t they?

caradoc
    Participant

Mythbusters tested the peeing on electrical things, didn’t they?

As I recall, they weren’t barefoot when they tried it… Believe me – it’s more than plausible.

lokisbong
    Participant

Having seen it happen and my friend saying he couldn’t pee for 3 days I will believe him first and the Mythbusters only when they show me in person. When I watch one of them directly pee on a electric fence and not get zapped. I remember that one and they used human analogues didn’t they? aka ballistic gel dummies.

Farktographer
    Participant

Having seen it happen and my friend saying he couldn’t pee for 3 days I will believe him first and the Mythbusters only when they show me in person. When I watch one of them directly pee on a electric fence and not get zapped. I remember that one and they used human analogues didn’t they? aka ballistic gel dummies.

I think it came down to it not being a “steady stream” so the current couldn’t continue to travel up the flow, but I guess if you *really* need to piss, you’re going to have more of a flow and OH MY GOD AM I REALLY DETAILING SOMEONE ELSE’S PEE?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘OH. MY. GOD. (Orionid just came a little)’ is closed to new replies.