On the cover of SpaceWeather dot com

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery On the cover of SpaceWeather dot com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Funny thing; my Comet Pan-STARRS image has been ripped apart by the critics in the Lightbox community on G+…

…but the good folks at NASA appreciate it at least (well, the curator, Dr. Phillips at NASA does)

http://www.spaceweather.com (view the March 12th 2013 archive if you see this late) 😛

fluffybunny
    Participant

Excellent, gratzies Rav.

orionid
    Participant

I saw that. Both of those. Kudos.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, I clicked on a link about the comet on CNN yesterday, which took me to spaceweather.com, which had a whole smorgasbord of comet shots and right there on the top row was a name I recognized. So I knew there’d be more to come. Congrats, rav – nice captures on both days.

I took my camera & tripod with me this evening in hopes of finishing up my DIY project in time to attempt some shots tonight, but failed to finish in time. Maybe tomorrow night…

staplermofo
    Participant

So, does this mean you get to put “some of my work has been used by NASA” on your resume?

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks much guys! Yes, Staplermofo I think I can!! CISS; it’s gotten better!!! The G+ website for the friggin observatory that is Pan-STARRS saw my photos and reposted two of them!!

When the observatory that discovered the comet that you managed to capture in camera reposts them; that, my friends, is real love

The hard part now will be choosing which image to use for Farkstronomy II!!

I’ll only use one of them; I may not have even taken it yet (I’ll be out Sunday with the telescope). I’m beaming with astro-admirational glee!!!

chupathingie
    Participant

Nice shot! I’ve had nothing but clouds here 🙁 Grats on all the love the pics are getting!

ravnostic
    Participant

Yesterday’s image got picked up by EarthSky.org and is promoting tonight’s viewing. Super nice to be recognized by scientific folks who appreciate this sort of thing!!

Barracuda
    Participant

Totally awesome. Which reminds me, I was going to go out and see if I could get any shots this evening.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘On the cover of SpaceWeather dot com’ is closed to new replies.