Patron of the Arts Contest

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Patron of the Arts Contest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

If you’re on my FB or G+ you might occasionally see that I write freelance articles for a site called hubpages.com. They’re an internet social article conglomerate thingy where you can write articles on any subject you choose and make a little side cash if people click advertisements embedded in the articles. I like it because I enjoy writing and it gives me the opportunity to vent that creative need when photography isn’t an option.

The month of November is their “Patron of the Arts” contest month. For new, original hubs written from Nov. 1 – Nov. 22, there will be a total of $3000 given away in prizes for the categories of “Poetry”, “Prose” and “Image Gallery”.

All the information is here:
    http://hubpages.com/static/hubpatron_of_the_arts.php

Basically you just need to have a (free) hubpages account and publish hubs in the category that are tagged with “contest” during the dates the contest runs. One caveat is all content must be original to hubpages so if it’s a published photo/writing or even in other places on the internet, you can’t use it for the contest. You can publish 5 hubs daily as entries.

Grand prize in each category is $500, with $100, and $50 runners up. There’s also a daily prize of $50 to a random entry. The Supersmashwords GP winner also receives free publication of an ebook of their work to amazon, itunes, kobo, diesel, etc.

linguine
    Participant

Is it wrong of me if the first thing I thought of after your description of the site in general was this thing could be abused for money?

Kestrana
    Participant

You can’t get money from clicking on your own ads 😛

linguine
    Participant

You can’t get money from clicking on your own ads 😛

But I’m assuming you can from each others.

Kestrana
    Participant

Possibly. But I honestly don’t care much about the money aspect or the $2.38 I’ve made from ads so far; I enjoy the writing and since I’m highly unlikely to ever get a job that allows me to write, it fills a creative need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Patron of the Arts Contest’ is closed to new replies.