PicLens

Forums Forums Get Technical Software PicLens

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

This browser add-on is pretty cool, it lets you navigate through supported image sites (flickr, google image search etc) using a 3-d scrolling interface:

http://www.piclens.com/

3Horn
    Participant

That’s actually pretty nifty, I think I’m going to start adding it to my galleries. Along with a link to download the plug-in of course.

Curious
    Participant

that is nifty

BUT it doesn’t have a linux option. oh well. as much as i’m enjoying trying to convert to open source and Ubuntu it does have drawbacks.

Analogy
    Participant

that is nifty

BUT it doesn’t have a linux option. oh well. as much as i’m enjoying trying to convert to open source and Ubuntu it does have drawbacks.

I treated OSS as a religion for a while myself, but after a while I realized it’s all about what’s best for your needs, not what software philosophy you adhere to. In a lot of cases, OSS is best for your needs, especially when it comes to very common applications such as web browsing and IM. However, there are also many applications where closed-source software is the best, especially when it comes down to getting actual work done. Whether an app is open or closed source makes no difference in the real world unless you’re a programmer yourself. What matters is the functionality of the software itself.

I use Windows because I’m a gamer. Constantly rebooting between OSs is counterproductive. If I need Linux-like functionality, I use Cygwin which creates a Linux-like environment under Windows. Otherwise, the vast majority of OSS applications are available for Windows anyway.

Curious
    Participant

Constantly rebooting between OSs is counterproductive.

found that to be all too true so i set up my two dual boot boxes on a KVM switch and use one just for windows and one just for Ubuntu. took some tweaking and good luck to get a network going but that’s ok now. what i wanted was to learn about linux and find an alternative to having vista rammed down my throat.

Analogy
    Participant

That might work if I had two computers and tended to use both of them in one place. =D

Re: Vista, it’s starting to look like it will either get a major overhaul or go the way of Windows ME.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘PicLens’ is closed to new replies.