Pics from a rock concert

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Pics from a rock concert

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Killerclaw
    Participant

For my website I had press access to a band called Ayabie.
    Check out the pics here: http://theothereast.com/?p=423

Analogy
    Participant

Band photography is the most fun when you’re specifically asked to do it by the band. No restrictions, even get on stage if you want. You gotta either go to a shitload of shows or be in a gigging band yourself to pull it off though.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve been to the 8×10 club many, many times so I know what the place looks like in person and I’m surprised at how spacious the shots make the stage seem. Nice job!

Admittedly I haven’t been there in a very long time, but from the angles and perspectives it looks like the same building layout. Thanks for a blast from the past. I don’t even mind the creepy sense of nostalgia and renewed desire to move back to the east coast. 🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

What’s the deal with all the bands named ______ Biscuit?
    I mean, there’s Gorilla Biscuit, Half Man Half Biscuit, Pocket Biscuits, Black Biscuits, Lily White Biscuit, Disco Biscuits, Limp Bizkit, and now, apparently, Cynical Biscuit.

THAT IS A LOT OF BANDS. Is there something about biscuits I don’t know?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa, those are cool! Why were you only able to shoot 50 shots, though?

Killerclaw
    Participant

Whoa, those are cool! Why were you only able to shoot 50 shots, though?

The manager neglected to tell the band that I had photography access. So she told me I had to limit my shots and not make it obvious that I was taking a lot of pictures or they’d get mad and stop the show. I don’t think she understood that DSLRs don’t automatically take good pictures. Especially low light action shots.

I couldn’t get anywhere near the stage like I would like to, as seen at this concert http://theothereast.com/?p=343.

My next press pass in for a Japanese visual band called “Versailles” which is my favorite band right now and should be very interesting to shoot. It will be my first press job IN Japan, Yokohama to be specific. Seem like down to earth people and their stage performances are great

Analogy
    Participant

The manager neglected to tell the band that I had photography access. So she told me I had to limit my shots and not make it obvious that I was taking a lot of pictures or they’d get mad and stop the show.

Uh…. That sounds really really sketchy. If the band has a no photography policy, the manager shouldn’t be giving people photo access in the first place. This is why if I wasn’t specifically asked to shoot I get permission from the band.

I don’t think she understood that DSLRs don’t automatically take good pictures. Especially low light action shots.

Cameras don’t take good shots, photographers do. =D With enough experience shooting in clubs you should be able to get a pretty decent shots/keeper ratio. In 50 shots I can usually get about 5 great shots and 25 pretty good ones.

Looks like a promotional poster for a Final Fantasy game. =D

Killerclaw
    Participant

The manager neglected to tell the band that I had photography access. So she told me I had to limit my shots and not make it obvious that I was taking a lot of pictures or they’d get mad and stop the show.

Uh…. That sounds really really sketchy. If the band has a no photography policy, the manager shouldn’t be giving people photo access in the first place. This is why if I wasn’t specifically asked to shoot I get permission from the band.

Yeah, she came up and told me this after the first song then kept sorta checking on me the rest of the night.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Pics from a rock concert’ is closed to new replies.