Please help.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Please help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jakevol2
    Participant

I love how this picture turned out except that it is WAY too dark. Is there anybody who is a master of photshop-fu that can brightening it without washing it out?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I gave it a go, though I’m not sure how much brightening you want where, but here’s my try. I used the curves tool and took the black point (leftmost end) and moved it up a bit, then boosted the line in the shadow just a bit and lowered the lightest (rightmost end) just a bit to tone down the brights.

Analogy
    Participant

Can you upload the JPG straight out of camera? DxO won’t work on a picture unless it can see it came out of a digital camera. For some reason.

sleeping
    Participant

This has:

– neat image noise reduction,
    – fairly extreme levels correction added as an adjustment layer,
    – curves added to a second adjustment layer to bring the shadows back down, plus a slight boost to the highlights,
    – a but of unsharp mask.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

How’s this look? I lightened the black and set the white point (in the curves tool) on the nose stud, and set the gray point on a grayish part of the tap. I then minimized the glow on the nose with the clone tool. Finally I used the despeckle filter to help reduce the noise that had popped up.

Jakevol2
    Participant

Thank you guys. I appreciate your help. This photo was a complete accident and wanted to find some way to make it presentable. Does any of you mind if I download the retouched versions for my computer’s pictures folder?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No skin off my back, though mine’s certainly not the best of the bunch. Just keep in mind that RcMacStudent’s fix wouldn’t be eligible for Farktography since it’s had spot cloning.

Jakevol2
    Participant

No skin off my back, though mine’s certainly not the best of the bunch. Just keep in mind that RcMacStudent’s fix wouldn’t be eligible for Farktography since it’s had spot cloning.

Nope this would just be for my personal collection.

sleeping
    Participant

Thank you guys. I appreciate your help. This photo was a complete accident and wanted to find some way to make it presentable. Does any of you mind if I download the retouched versions for my computer’s pictures folder?

Go for it – I certainly don’t.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

I don’t mind if you use it. For me it was really just an exercise in lightening a photo where I can’t just tweak it as I read the RAW file.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Please help.’ is closed to new replies.