Pocket camera recommendations?

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware Pocket camera recommendations?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

My FZ-30 is a bit large to toss into the briefcase, so I’m thinking about a compact zoom option to have on hand for those great shots that show up unexpectedly now and then.

My “other” camera currently is a Powershot S1, which may be a little too big as well.

Any suggestions?

monkeybort
    Participant

My FZ-30 is a bit large to toss into the briefcase, so I’m thinking about a compact zoom option to have on hand for those great shots that show up unexpectedly now and then.

My “other” camera currently is a Powershot S1, which may be a little too big as well.

Any suggestions?

i just got the canon sd550 7 megapixel. it’s tiny, even in its own carrying case it fits in my bag with no problem. i love it – take it to bars, snowboarding…pretty much my ‘go everywhere’ camera.

Claff
    Participant

Me and the Missus have a pair of Nikon Coolpix 3.2 MP cameras which have probably been supplanted in the product lineup by something even smaller and probably cheaper too.

Just checked the the equivalent of what we have is the Coolpix 5600, which is now 5 MP and still around $200.

http://www.dpreview.com/shop/merchants.asp?id=nikon_cp5600

darkcanuck
    Participant

I just got a Nikon coolpix S3. It’s extremely small, and fairly capable compared to what I’m used to (the cheapest, zoom-less cameras on the market; this is the first half-decent camera I’ve had in my life).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve got a Canon A620 7.1MP 4x zoom. It’s not ultra compact, but it’s not huge, and it has great image quality. It has a very nifty lcd screen that flips out and around (I think the S1 has that too?). I’ve taken portraits with it, and some very nice macro stuff too. It’s my “little Canon” for when I don’t want to break out my “big Canon” 😆

schnee
    Participant

It has a very nifty lcd screen that flips out and around (I think the S1 has that too?).

I don’t have a small digicam, but if I were in the market for one, I’d look for an LCD that has the flip-spin-rotate action. I’m envious of those who have cameras with that.

I’d also look for something that is water-resistant (if not downright water-proof).

Favor optical zoom over digital, which could probably go without saying to this crowd.

staplermofo
    Participant

A list of what is important to you in a camera and what you intend to use it for would be great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Pocket camera recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.