Print exchange thread # 2

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Print exchange thread # 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    CaptainJim
    Participant

I really like this idea and I know that someone here will be famous in twenty years so lets do this. Here is my idea, The first 10 people that email a participating farktographer get an 8X10 of the photographers favorite photo.

After geting a conformation of being one of the ten then that photographer should send an 8X10 to the photographer that they chose.

That way we only have to send out 10 prints each.
    Does this make sense?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sounds nifty, though I kinda wonder if it would work better as a pool where everyone sends 1 picture to every person participating?

monkeybort
    Participant

I really like this idea and I know that someone here will be famous in twenty years so lets do this. Here is my idea, The first 10 people that email a participating farktographer get an 8X10 of the photographers favorite photo.

After geting a conformation of being one of the ten then that photographer should send an 8X10 to the photographer that they chose.

That way we only have to send out 10 prints each.
    Does this make sense?

i like the idea of not sending out a brazillion prints, but i’m afraid that it might turn into a popularity contest if we do it this way. like everyone would want a print from veruca, but then there’s this n00b that no one knows and no one would email him/her to be in their group. maybe we could set up groups of 10 to exchange among themselves or something like that?

mikemikeb
    Participant

And what about those who don’t publish their email (like me)? Private messaging perhaps?

Unfortunately, I’ve already entered my personal all-time favorite photo and it didn’t do too well. In addition, I find that cropping the photo I’d select would ruin it, so maybe have plenty of white space in that 8 x 10 frame? Either way, I think most people might be disappointed with me, though it never hurts to give it a try, I suppose…

Oh, and not to be offensive, but I honestly don’t think that a lot of these people here will become famous. They either have family or other things, and it’s just that they’re great at photography. So to get a print from, say, veruca, would be great, but would it sell on eBay down the road for $30,000? Probably not…

veruca
    Participant

So to get a print from, say, veruca, would be great, but would it sell on eBay down the road for $30,000? Probably not…

Well apparently the people at the Southwest Washington fair agree with you. Here’s my cut for my first place finish:

mikemikeb
    Participant

Well apparently the people at the Southwest Washington fair agree with you. Here’s my cut for my first place finish:

Well, congrats! Have you entered the winning photo in any of the contests, and if so, what was it?

And let me guess: Is it the one with the red tulip in the sea of yellow ones? Or is it the one with the waterfall from the Favorite Places contest? Something else?

veruca
    Participant

no! i was totally shocked, it was for this one:

Klahanie
    Participant

oooh, ethereal. Thanks Veruca! I rarely get to use that word.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Print exchange thread # 2’ is closed to new replies.