print exchange

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects print exchange

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

so there’s been talk about doing a print exchange among us habitual farktographers – there’s a lot of options on how to do it –

1. postcard exchange – print enough postcards for each person participating, and then you receive that many postcards of everyone else’s work in return.

2. postcard exchange – one on one – have a name exchange along the lines of the secret santa; send one postcard, get one in return.

3. full size print (8×10 or so) – one on one

4. full size print – group exchange (print enough for everyone)

5. full size prints – break up into smaller groups and have a group exchange, but with fewer people.

i’m sure there are more options, but these are the ones i can remember after talking with idle_hands and veruca about it. *grin*

so please, weigh in with preferences and any other suggestions – i’m itching to hang some fellow farktographer’s art on my walls! 😀

veruca
    Participant

It’s hard to narrow it down but I really like the postcard idea. Would we have them printed like real postcards or do like my friend does and just draw a line down the back with a sharpie, write on it, and then mail it?

idle_hands
    Participant

It’s hard to narrow it down but I really like the postcard idea. Would we have them printed like real postcards or do like my friend does and just draw a line down the back with a sharpie, write on it, and then mail it?

i like the postcard idea! you can get 4 (non standard sizes on an 81/2 x 11 page) and write greeting & addy on back. stamp it and send it. easy peasy

monkeybort
    Participant

the easier the better, says i! definitely just throw an address and stamp on the back and mail it.

veruca
    Participant

the easier the better, says i! definitely just throw an address and stamp on the back and mail it.

I agree 😛 And I like the first postcard idea where we gather the names and send one to each. My home needs more original art.

Klahanie
    Participant

This sounds like fun, but would you all think I was tacky(er) if I sent mine through shutterfly?

monkeybort
    Participant

This sounds like fun, but would you all think I was tacky(er) if I sent mine through shutterfly?

not at all – that is a really good idea.

i was thinking that the (mis)handling by the post office would add a little something to the pics, but maybe i was just thinking that because i thought it was inevitable. *grin* i think using shutterfly or flickr or one of those sites is a great idea.

logomancer
    Participant

I think idea #1 is definitely the way to go – I’d like to maybe make a small scrapbook or something – maybe we can do it periodically, like a new year’s tradition or whatnot.

/did I just write “whatnot”?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘print exchange’ is closed to new replies.