Problems downloading from a 20D

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk Problems downloading from a 20D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    logomancer
    Participant

Hi. I just shot 221 pix on my Canon 20D. When I tried to download ’em, iPhoto would only recognize about 40 of ’em, with the rest being corrupted. Canon’s picture app saved a few more, while Graphic Converter (I love you, Thorsten Lempke) saved another 30 or so. All the files, though, were the same size, so there was definitely content in there.

Anyway, I use OS X 10.4.3 on a G5 and my 20D has a 1G stick. Prior to this, everything worked flawlessly. Anyone else have any problems? 😥

monkeybort
    Participant

*hug*

i don’t use my iPhoto anymore, it just got too irritating. so i download right from my compact flash card to a file, and then look at everything in the cs2 bridge.

that is not at all helpful.

🙁

veruca
    Participant

Does your flash drive show up as an extra system drive when you plug the camera into the computer? I run Windows (forgive me) and after I plug the camera in I get a removable drive that shows up in explorer. Then I manually grab the files and move them to my desktop to sort.

I’m not sure if OS X works the same way or not.

logomancer
    Participant

I just got cs2 – mayhap I should check out Bridge. iPhoto was killing me, but then I got around to updating it to 5 and it scales up better but still is teh junk. Thx for the tip.

As for the flash drive, it doesn’t mount to the desktop – which, now that you mention it, violates the metaphor. Doh!

monkeybort
    Participant

I just got cs2 – mayhap I should check out Bridge. iPhoto was killing me, but then I got around to updating it to 5 and it scales up better but still is teh junk. Thx for the tip.

As for the flash drive, it doesn’t mount to the desktop – which, now that you mention it, violates the metaphor. Doh!

bridge is pretty sweet. i’m reading the new scott kelby book on cs2 – there’s lots of little thingys in there that make life easier. they probably existed in cs, but i did not know of them then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems downloading from a 20D’ is closed to new replies.