Recent work – some landscapes, some cars, some other stuff

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Recent work – some landscapes, some cars, some other stuff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Realized it’d been a while since I’d shared a few non-farktography themed shots. While I’m still off the bike with the healing collar bone, been making a lot of trips over to a local nature preserve to get in some short hikes and general meandering to get out and be somewhat active. And of course, I bring the camera (if nothing else, the weight makes for more exercise right?)

The pond at Oak Point Nature Preserve

warped bench at another area park

Dawn at Oak Point this past weekend

Same morning, shortly later.

The ‘Traveling Man’ statue (one of three installations in the area) in Deep Ellum – Dallas Tx

Another of the Traveling Man statues with the Dallas skyline (first attempt at processing this one, could probably use some more work with the halos around the buildings)

Lowrider Style

the definition of jalopy!

And one macro butterfly, just for good measure!

ravnostic
    Participant

Love the first 4 (of course, I’d already mentioned the third over ‘there’). Man, I wish I had fog. I have to drive 3 hours for fog.

Barracuda
    Participant

Got lucky with the fog. Wasn’t expecting it. The previous 4 mornings had absolutely breathtaking colored skies (seen from my office window as I toiled away at work), and was fearing Saturday was going to be a bust when I got there and the skies were clear and fairly colorless. But at the last minute some clouds rolled through and the fog on this field added a lot of character as well. The Parks & Nature – Landscapes album on my Picasa site have several more shots not here nor shared ‘there’ yet.

chupathingie
    Participant

I spent 16 years in DFW and never knew about the statues in Deep Ellum. Neat!

Barracuda
    Participant

The statues are very recent additions to the Deep Ellum area. I think it was either early this year or last year that they were finished. I only learned about them a few months ago when I saw a photo from another area photographer on G+. Going to have to make it down there again some time in the evening for some more shots.

Barracuda
    Participant

Thought about getting up early this morning and getting out to the lake at sunrise, but it was 32 degrees, so here’s a few from a warmer morning, and a couple from last night.

ravnostic
    Participant

That last one is sublime.

Barracuda
    Participant

Someone has a demo of Silver Efex Pro 2 (deciding if I want to buy the complete pack with Color Efex and HDR Efex)

Rework of a shot I took during the Scott Kelby Photo Walk in Grapevine.

Lake Lavon (still debating this one for tonight’s theme, as if I don’t have 6 other choices I’m trying to narrow down)

Farmland at sunset (color version will likely make it to tonight’s theme, will have to wait till then to see it. :p)

Barracuda
    Participant

New lens day is a happy day. 28mm f1.8 from a friend who’s going to that ‘N’ brand.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Good stuff, ‘Cuda. Is the vignetting in that last one natural or post?

And always remember: Friends don’t let friends buy Nikon. 😉

Barracuda
    Participant

CISS – post.

Barracuda
    Participant

Okay, and now for a few more new shots.

But first, a reprocess of the tree above:

And a B&W HDR shot taken tonight:

And shot that’s actually almost completely composed of man-made things!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Recent work – some landscapes, some cars, some other stuff’ is closed to new replies.